JAVA Programmer Internship - Dealer.com, Burlington, VT (Summer 2017)
As a part of the Cox Automotive family, Dealer.com helpsautomotive dealers thrive in today’s digital retailing environment. Ourprofessionals – technologists, digital strategists, creative designers,customer support experts, and everything in between – deliver a comprehensivesuite of digital marketing and operational technology and services to themajority of dealers in the US. We help dealerships optimize their business, andhelp shoppers to shop and buy the way they prefer, through our Dealertrack and Dealer.com-brandedproducts.
Our Software Engineers:
Our Software Engineers are energetic influencers who havebuilt a world-class software platform, for auto dealers, from the ground up.We’re looking for thinkers at every stage in their career with intensity andcreativity to take on the biggest challenges in our industry.
Risk-taking is encouraged here, and we reward great results.Collaboration and support are woven into the fabric of everything we do; from24-hour Hackathon groups to sprint reviews and scrum teams, you’ll be immersedin an environment that nurtures individualism, creative problem-solving, andintellect.
The Software Engineering Intern will work on a team oftalented technologists to help engineer elegant solutions for complex businessproblems. You will work with experienced developers to help design and buildrobust and scalable server-side software for high-volume transaction web-basedapplications.
Technology we use:
As an Engineering Intern, you will:
- Learn Dealer.com’s development infrastructureand help maintain it
- Help design, develop, and maintain web-basedapplications to enhance the performance and reliability of our current products
- Collaborate with developer team members on bestpractices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements
- Engage in Agile practices
- Pursuing BA/BS degree in Computer Science orrelated field
- Skills with language and software developmentlife cycle: C/C++, Java, MySQL, HTML, PHP, object oriented design,multi-threaded server-side, and web application development experience
- Experience with database technologies, logicaland physical data, object relational mapping, and XML web services a plus butnot required
- Ambition and passion, with the desire to applyyour full intellectual intensity to challenges in our industry
- Excellent verbal and written communicationskills
- Can thrive in a fast-paced environment
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-VT-Burlington-1 Howard Street
Employee Status: Temporary
Job Level: Entry Level
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top