Java Developer, Enterprise Product Delivery
Cox Automotive is currently looking to for a Java Developer to join our Enterprise Product Delivery Team in Burlington, VT.
Our Software Engineers:
Our Software Engineers are energetic influencers who thriveon designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems while deliveringleading-edge products to our customers. We are looking for exceptionallyambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortablecollaborating on a cross-functional Agile team, have experience working infast-paced environments, and who have the passion and skills to take ourproduct offerings to the next level.
Software Engineers work on a team of talented technologiststo help engineer elegant solutions for complex business problems. As a memberof an engineering team, you will be exposed to all aspects of the softwaredevelopment cycle. Your team will help design and build robust cloudapplications for high-volume transaction web-based applications.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Java open-source ecosystem
●Write readable, maintainable, and efficient code
●Design, develop, and maintain new cloud-basedapplications
●Enhance performance and reliability of ourcurrent applications
●Participate in the development of newindustry-leading products, with proven advanced technologies
●Design and develop service oriented architecturesolutions, constructing and managing services published to both internal andexternal consumers, integrating with complex database and third partycomponents
●Collaborate with developer scrum team members onbest practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements.
●Proficiency in subject matter must be developed.Context and understanding is everything for a developer!
● BA/BS degree in Computer Science or relatedfield. Advanced technical degree and/or related training a plus
● 2+ years of multi-threaded server-side webapplication development experience
What We Look For:
● Experience designing, implementing, andoperating web or cloud solutions with highly optimized and scalablearchitectures
● Proven ability to work independently andcollaborate on a team
● Strong Java skills and object-oriented designexperience, including working knowledge of the Java web technology platform,applied use of design patterns, and MVC technologies
● Strong database development skills including asolid understanding of database technologies, and logical and physical datamodeling
● Knowledge of session management, objectrelational mapping, XML web services, and agile development methodologiesdesired
Why Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive, Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sellsand owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial,wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers andthe overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to open choice anddedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Manheim®,Autotrader®, Kelley Blue Book®, Dealertrack®, vAuto®, Xtime®, NextGear Capital®and a host of other brands. The global company has nearly 30,000 team membersin more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, aswell as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S. consumer carbuyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. Cox Automotive isa subsidiary of Cox Enterprises.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-VT-Burlington-1 Howard St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top