Java Developer, Advertising
Dealer.comis currently looking for aJava Developerto join our Advertising team in Burlington, VT.
At Dealer.com, we offer the chance to do your best work and lead the digital revolution of the auto industry with gusto. Our Engineering professionals are energetic influencers who have built a world-class software platform, for auto dealers, from the ground up. Collaboration is woven into the fabric of everything we do; from 24-hour Hackathons to sprint reviews and scrum teams, you’ll be immersed in an environment that nurtures individualism, creative problem-solving, and intellect.
As a Java Developer you will work in a collaborative agile team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, and challenges you to engineer elegant solutions for complex business problems.
You will be applying your knowledge of object-oriented design with appropriate use of best practices, design patterns, and frameworks, with an understanding of application performance and maintainability.
- Write readable, maintainable, and efficient code
- Design, develop, and maintain web-based applications to enhance performance and reliability of our current applications
- Participate in the development of new industry-leading products, with proven advanced technologies
- Design and develop service oriented architecture solutions, constructing and managing services published to both internal and external consumers, integrating with complex database and third party components
- Collaborate with developer scrum team members on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements.
- Proficiency in subject matter must be developed. Context and understanding is everything for a developer!
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field. Advanced technical degree and/or related training a plus
- 2+ years of multi-threaded server-side web application development experience
What We Look For:
- Experience designing and implementing web applications with highly optimized and scalable architectures
- Proven ability to work independently; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal direction
- Strong Java skills and object-oriented design experience, including working knowledge of the Java web technology platform, applied use of design patterns, and MVC technologies
- Strong database development skills including a solid understanding of database technologies, and logical and physical data modeling
- Knowledge of session management, object relational mapping, XML web services, and agile development methodologies desired
- Experience with Spring and Grails Frameworks and a plus
Dealer.com, a Cox Automotive Brand, provides market leading digital solutions for automotive retail including connected advertising, websites, and managed services. Through innovation and collaboration, our professionals develop state-of-the-art workflow solutions to automotive retail challenges.
Why Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive, Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sellsand owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial,wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers andthe overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to open choice anddedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Manheim®,Autotrader®, Kelley Blue Book®, Dealertrack®, vAuto®, Xtime®, NextGear Capital®and a host of other brands. The global company has nearly 30,000 team membersin more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, aswell as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S. consumer carbuyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. Cox Automotive isa subsidiary of Cox Enterprises.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-VT-Burlington-1 Howard Street
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top