Dealer.com, A Cox Automotive Brand, is currently looking for a Java Developer with experience designing and developing server-side Java applications to join our Engineering team in Edison, NJ.Our Engineering Team:
The Advertising teams within Dealer.com’s Engineering Division build award-winning digital advertising products for our clients in the automotive industry including: dealerships, dealer groups, and OEMs. We develop applications that allow the Advertising Operations Division to create highly customized, relevant, and targeted advertising campaigns on a large scale and deploy them across many digital media channels simultaneously.
Through a collaborative partnership with Google AdWords and Bing Ads, we are advancing the automotive industry with sophisticated digital advertising solutions. We utilize machine learning to power a real-time bidding engine and ad serving platform that connects car shoppers to the most relevant advertising possible. Our systems integrate with the rest of Dealer.coms platform to capture information from millions of ad impressions, clicks, website visits, and conversion events each day to present powerful analytics that allow internal and external clients to advertise more efficiently and effectively.
As a Java Developer on the Advertising team you will work closely with the Tech Lead and Project Architect to engineering elegant solutions to complex business problems and take a leader ship role in the development focused projects. In a collaborative team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, you will architect, design and develop robust, scalable architectural framework for Web-base Java Applications, mentor team members, and assist in in the integration of our on-suite of products.
Technology we use:
- Design, develop and maintain web-based and high frequency low latency server side Java applications to enhance the performance and reliability of our current applications.
- Opportunity and empowerment to make meaningful decisions about our technology to solve complex business problems and extend business functionality to maintain Dealer.com’s position as an industry leader.
- Design and develop service oriented architecture solutions, constructing and managing services published to both internal and external consumers, integrating with complex database and third party components.
- Architect, design and develop platform level components including event architectures, messaging, and caching solutions.
- Collaborate with other developers on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements.
- Guide, coach and mentor team members as required, assisting in the team’s skills development during software development projects.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field. Advanced technical degree and/or related training a plus
- 2+ years of multi-threaded server-side web application development experience
- Experience designing and implementing web applications with highly optimized and scalable architectures
- Proven ability to work independently; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal direction
- Strong Java skills and object-oriented design experience, including working knowledge of the Java web technology platform, applied use of design patterns, and MVC technologies
- Strong database development skills including a solid understanding of database technologies, and logical and physical data modeling
- Knowledge of session management, object relational mapping, XML web services, and agile development methodologies desired
- Experience with Spring and Grails Frameworks and a plus
Dealer.com, a Cox Automotive Brand, provides market leading digital solutions for automotive retail including connected advertising, websites, and managed services. Through innovation and collaboration, our professionals develop state-of-the-art workflow solutions to automotive retail challenges.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-NJ-Edison-505 Thornall St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top