WSB-TV is the flagship television property of the Cox Media Group division of Cox Enterprises, which has owned the station since its inception. Centered in midtown Atlanta, WSB-TV remains a #1 rated news station where television, radio, newspaper and social media work together as a team to get the news to viewers and listeners faster than anyone in Georgia.
We are seeking an experienced Investigative Reporter to join our staff!
Develop, write, produce and present investigative and news stories on television, the web and mobile.
- Enterprise stories by developing sources and contacts.
- Make creative use of live technology to help tell a story.
- Understand and implement station’s research-based goals.
- Writes and produces packages and reports live.
- Write and produce content for WSBTV.COM; use public records requests and FOIA to obtain information; use databases to research statistics and facts; gather and verify facts through interviews, research and surveillance if necessary.
- Responsible for producing daily enterprise stories as well as investigative stories for major ratings periods.
- Schedule may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
- Actively and responsibly participates in social media to extent station brand.
- Must have strong writing and editorial skills; professional, smooth on-camera delivery; ability to handle multiple projects at once and meet deadlines; ability to develop highly promotable ideas for ratings periods; computer literacy with database experience; ability to handle projects from start to finish, collaborating with special projects producers; knowledge of legal and ethical requirements for investigative reporting; experience on surveillance shoots; ability to ad-lib in breaking news situations; ability to make quick decisions and turn multiple stories in a day when necessary; ability to develop sources and build relationships to generate stories; strong communication skills; flexibility to work unusual hours at times.
- College degree, minimum 5 years investigative reporter experience in medium to large television markets.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-1601 W Peachtree St NE
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top