Inside Sales Specialist
The Inside Sales Specialist will be responsible for maximizing revenue opportunities. Qualified candidates will be responsible for closing sales leads received for existing accounts and will also use targeted prospect call lists to generate sales opportunities via outbound calls and virtual demonstrations of HomeNet Automotive solutions and products.
Key activities of this role will include successfully closing sales leads generated by Regional Account Executive and upselling existing customers located within their territory. These sales professionals will work to distinguish themselves and HomeNet Automotive from other automotive software companies through their knowledge of sales, software, the industry and their customers.
- Effectively manage leads received, and generating upsell opportunities via outbound calls and virtual demonstrations of HomeNet Automotive solutions and products to assigned Dealer prospects.
- Develop relationships with assigned dealer partners to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Utilize the consultative selling process to uncover needs of current customers and present appropriate product and solutions.
- Overcome challenges and objections through the utilization of the consultative model and creation of innovative solutions to close business.
- Communicate value of HomeNet Automotive and the full product portfolio based on the customer needs.
- Create, maintain and share action plans with Manager based on daily, weekly and monthly analysis of all performance metrics; track and adjust short term and long term planning as necessary.
- Accurately forecast business in the pipeline and when it will close.
- Analyze dealer’s ROI goals and data, and have a firm understanding and knowledge of software buying cycles, marketing and target demographics.
- Determine, in consultation with the client prospect, the best product combinations for each account based on a customer needs analysis.
- Research prospects and understand their business before offering new solutions.
- Work with Manager to understand, meet and exceed goals and objectives.
- Establish a service call plan for assigned territory.
- Prioritize assigned customer list to focus on revenue potential.
- Partner with Management to determine sales, and service strategy for each account.
- Uncover needs of dealer partners and present appropriate products and solutions.
- Maintain strong product knowledge on all products and solutions.
- Communicate proper expectations about software solutions to dealer partners.
- Create follow up plan for each signed and transitioned account to ensure quality of business.
- Assist in the development of and provide continuous improvement to the sales process.
- Participate in sales team meetings as required.
- Communicate with dealer partners regarding account status (pre-delivery and delivery); ensure they are set up for success.
- Complete documentation, as outlined in the sales process, within the CRM
- Utilize CRM to accurately and effectively track activity, and update opportunity and account information.
- Ensure that monthly reports (sales pipeline, account development) are satisfactorily completed in a timely fashion.
- Proactively communicate account and sales information to both sales management and sales team.
- Communicate with management about obstacles and challenges with dealers and processes.
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record of making their living by closing sales over the phone.
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent is required; Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred
- 5+ years of call center or equivalent experience and knowledge required; experience in an account management or service role strongly preferred.
- 2+ years sales (inside or outside) experience and related applications and tools required; automotive and software experience preferred.
- Experience in a customer focused, account management, revenue driven environment required.
- Demonstrated advanced communication skills (written, verbal, phone, and interpersonal) skills required.
- Proven experience and ability to analyze customer problems and trends to offer suggestions and recommendations for improvement and success required.
- Ability to travel up to 25% (day and overnight trips) is required.
Cox Automotive is a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for automotive dealers, manufacturers and consumers. Cox Automotive includes AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and a host of other global businesses and brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cox Automotive employs nearly 24,000 employees in over 150 locations worldwide. We partner with more than 40,000 dealers and touch more than 67 percent of all car buyers in the U.S. with the most recognized brands in the industry. We unite more than 20 brands in this space, providing an end-to-end solution to transform the way the world buys, sells and owns cars.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-PA-Exton-224 Valley Creek Blvd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top