Inside Sales Digital Manager
The Inside Digital Sales Manager (IDSM)position reports to the Inside Digital Sales Director and provides face-to-face consultative sales/service to an assigned list of retail customers. The IDSM position works closely with the assigned sales team and involves frequent local and regional travel to accounts along with periodic Web based meetings. This position requires top-notch service and consultation while at the same time having the skill and desire to “close” additional new business coming from existing clients. The IDSM must bring extensive experience working with all levels of personnel at a car dealership coupled with the ability to break down technical concepts into simple, easy to understand concepts.
- Coach a team of Inside Digital Sales Consultants, ensuring that they attain established revenue, retention and growth objectives removal of barriers for team members
- Remove barriers for team members, ensuring that they have the tools needed to succeed
- Work to build a positive team environment with strong morale – a consultative and a goal-oriented culture
- Develop and monitor performance standards and goals for the Inside Digital Sales Consultants Team, including setting goals, monitoring progress and building and executing performance plans to address gaps when necessary.
- Meet or exceed minimum sales/activity requirements and company financial sales goals as set forth by management and board.
- Professionally manage and help maintain all Inside Digital Sales Consultants
- Implement best sales practices with sales team processes including sales forecasting.
- Coordinate and execute team wide sales initiatives targeting key customer segments.
- Work with and maintain relationships with internal departments (production, support, account managers), particularly in the areas of client retention and client upselling.
- In person sales at major conventions and important meetings of clients, dealer groups, manufacturers or partners.
- Closing sales on a regular basis, focusing on sales of certain types of packages when directed by Sales Leaders
- Additional responsibilities will be including preparation/planning of Digital Sales Consultants pipelines on a daily/monthly basis.
- Other tasks as assigned
- 5+ years in sales or equivalent experience required
- 2+ years of people management, coaching or training in a sales environment
- Experience managing, meeting and exceeding revenue objectives
- Willing and able to travel as needed and required (up to 80% day and overnight trips)
- Valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated proficiency and knowledge in various technologies
- HS Diploma/GED equivalent required
- Previous experience in automotive, media, or advertising (preferably digital)
- Demonstrated and complete understanding of Cox Automotive Media solutions; general understanding of all other Cox Automotive companies
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly proficient level of computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Previous experience using Salesforce.com or other Customer Relationship Management system
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred (e.g. Marketing, Communications)
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-TX-Irving-3701 Regent Blvd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Team Leader
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top