Inside Sales Consultant II
The Inside Sales, Sales Consultant II will be responsible for generating new business via outbound calls and virtual demonstrations of AutoTrader solutions and products to assigned Dealer prospects.
Key activities of this role will include prospecting and acquiring new business to generate revenue and grow the book of business for Autotrader. The Insides Sales, Sales Consultant II will utilize a consultative process to determine Dealer need, offer creative solutions and develop quality business within an assigned market area or prospect list to help grow both the dealerships’ and Autotrader’s revenues with a focus on new, non – paying and cancelled dealers. They will partner with the Inside Sales, Account Manager to transition closed accounts and will also collaborate with the Inside Sales Manager to develop market strategy for new business acquisition and growth. These sales professionals will work to distinguish themselves and AutoTrader.com from other media companies through their knowledge of advertising, software, the industry and their customers. Prospecting is a key element of this position; it requires identifying and qualifying new clients for our digital, print, special publications and events.
Responsibilities (Included but not limited):
- Generate advertising revenue by consistently meeting and exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals.
- Develop new business and manage the sales cycle from start to finish.
- Maintain an active schedule of appointments and prospecting calls.
- Work with Dealer partners, consisting of unsigned or non-paying prospects, to sell the value of AutoTrader and the full product portfolio based on the customer needs.
- Collaborate with Inside Sales, Account Managers to properly transition accounts for service.
- Overcome challenges and objections through the utilization of the consultative model and creation of innovative solutions; qualify the Dealer (fit, size/inventory, not currently advertising with AutoTrader) and pass to Outside Sales if necessary in partnership with Management.
- Research prospects and understand their business before contacting.
- Manage and overcome prospect objections in order to secure qualified meetings and close the sale.
- Work with Manager to understand, meet and exceed goals and objectives.
- Create, maintain and share action plans with Manager based on daily, weekly and monthly analysis of all performance metrics; track and adjust short term and long term planning as necessary.
- Partner with Manager to review prospect list, proposed strategy to attract new business and all business proposals.
- Conduct research in partnership with Manager to help drive new leads and prospects.
- Manage a lead prospecting pipeline and maintain accurate information about prospects and their companies.
- Utilize Salesforce (CRM) to capture activity, accurately forecast business in the pipeline and when it will close.
- Analyze prospects ROI goals and data and have a firm understanding and knowledge of media buying cycles, marketing and target demographics.
- Determine, in consultation with the client prospect, the best product combinations for each account based on a customer needs analysis.
- Follow the AutoTrader.com sales process outlined for the Inside Sales organization.
- Partner with management to determine sales, transition and service strategy for each prospect.
- Uncover needs of potential customers and present appropriate products and media solutions.
- Maintain strong product knowledge on all products and solutions.
- Communicate proper expectations about advertising and software solutions to dealer prospects.
- Develop and maintain strong C-level client relationships.
- Create follow up plan for each signed and transitioned account to ensure quality of business.
- Assist in the development of and provide continuous improvement to the sales process.
- Communicate with dealer partners regarding account status (pre-delivery); ensure they are transitioned for success.
- Participate in sales team meetings as required.
- Turn over prospects to Management to share prospects with the Regions when they are a better fit for the Outside Sales team.
- Contribute to a positive team environment.
- Complete documentation, as outlined in the sales process, within the CRM
- Utilize CRM to accurately and effectively track activity, and update lead, opportunity information and account information.
- Ensure that daily reports (sales pipeline, target account development) are satisfactorily completed in a timely fashion.
- Proactively communicate account and sales information to both sales management and sales team.
- Communicate with management about obstacles and challenges with dealers and processes.
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent is required; Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 4 years minimum experience selling media and/or sponsorships and integrated marketing campaigns. Experience in digital sales is a plus.
- Exceptional selling skills via phone is required.
- Proven track record of successful solution sales, consistently meeting/exceeding quota
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- A strong track record of consistent revenue growth.
- Effective time management skills.
- The ability to exceed expectations in a results-oriented environment.
- Professional written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Salesforce.
- Proven experience and ability to build and maintain cross-departmental, multi-functional and collaborative relationships required.
- Demonstrated advanced communication skills (written, verbal, phone, and interpersonal) skills required.
- Proven experience and ability to analyze customer problems and trends to offer suggestions and recommendations for improvement and success required.
- Ability to travel up to 5% (day and overnight trips) is required.
Cox Automotive is a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for automotive dealers, manufacturers and consumers. Cox Automotive includes AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and a host of other global businesses and brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cox Automotive employs nearly 24,000 employees in over 150 locations worldwide. We partner with more than 40,000 dealers and touch more than 67 percent of all car buyers in the U.S. with the most recognized brands in the industry. We unite more than 20 brands in this space, providing an end-to-end solution to transform the way the world buys, sells and owns cars.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-TX-Irving-122 W John Carpenter Fwy
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top