Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC) Access Designer
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Prepares high-level bill of materials using mapping software.
- Updates As-Builts as construction is completed and releases the area.
- Creates accurate network maps and detailed electronic construction prints.
- Prepares layouts, drawings, and designs according to engineering specifications using applicable design software.
- Demonstrates basic ability and clear understanding of Radio Frequency and Power design.
- Provides ongoing support to other departments as needed in the effective use of all peripheral applications.
- Makes design decisions regarding construction and safety methods according to appropriate Cox, FCC, OSHA, NEC, MESC, VDOT, BOCA, Land Use Manual, and local, state and federal regulations and procedures and may be responsible for creation of design permitting for state agencies.
- May perform quality checks of mapping and network design and negotiate/approve design and/or construction changes.
- May estimate material and labor costs for special projects for fiber and coax up to the patch panel or customer premise.
- May be responsible for fiber availability and ring capacity checks and determination of reinforcement requirements.
- May coordinate project planning and site surveys with sales personnel, utility companies and Cox crews as necessary to include designing service to new and existing residential properties and commercial facilities.
- HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience
- 1 or more years of experience preferred in related field
- Requires strong knowledge of radio frequency, power design, coax network design, network powering, video fiber design and commercial fiber design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, relationship building, self-motivation, resourcefulness, self starter, time management, organization, attention to detail, quality orientation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization.
- AS/AA or Technical Certification in related discipline desired (i.e. Design, Drafting, Electronics, Civil Engineering)
- Experience in HFC or Fiber Design
- Prefer certification in GIS technologies or electrical engineering
Your Career at Cox
From the valued customers we connect through our innovative communications services, to the employees we unite through exciting career opportunities, Cox is all about bringing people together and enhancing their lives.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in cable, telephone and commercial services, industry-leading customer care, and its outstanding workplaces. We are always looking for talented professionals to join our team! Cox offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package (healthcare, pension, and 401k) and a best-in-class working environment.
Cox is an equal employment opportunity employer, disabled/protected/veteran and a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. Learn more at: http://www.cox.com/.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-OK-Oklahoma City-2312 NW 10th St
Other Locations: 2240 N Rock Rd,US,KS,Wichita,67226|7401 Flroida Blvd,US,LA,Baton Rouge,70806|20401 N 29th Ave,US,AZ,Phoenix,85027-3148|11505 W Dodge Rd,US,NE,Omaha,68154
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top