General Sales Manager
KOKI-TV FOX23, KMYT-TV My 41 Tulsa, and NOKI- MeTV Cox Media Group stations in Tulsa, OK, seek an energetic and innovative General Sales Manager to lead our team in the world of convergence selling.
Our GSM will oversee broadcast sales efforts as well as website, mobile, and digital channels at a time when our business is growing and our ratings continue to increase.
With operating principles of speed, passion and courage, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate leadership in strategic planning and effective execution of a game plan, growing revenue, as well as a proven track record in new business development.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
- Create and oversee sales plan for local, national and digital revenue to grow market share and maximize revenue
- Exceed station sales goals by each vertical
- Monitor daily sales activity and forecast future revenue while keeping a pulse on the advertising market and making adjustments to the plan as needed. Big picture thinking.
- Train and develop staff using the partnership with Center for Sales Strategy while providing a high-energy and positive work environment
- Make sales calls with sales staff and provide feedback as a tool of training and development
- Drive new business development on all platforms, including over the air, digital, mobile and unique sponsorships
- Oversee and support national sales with Cox Reps. Provide key selling tools to drive national sales results
- Assess account executives by monitoring sales techniques and results. Communicate clear expectations and hold accountable
- Mentor, train and grow sales managers. Create a leadership program for each sales manager by using the techniques of Talent Focused Management.
- Oversee the day to day systems and procedures within the sales department. This includes monitoring sales activity reports, monitoring focused sales events/initiatives, leading sales meetings, sales department workflow and support; utilize sales tools like Matrix and Griffin Media Research and action plans by area and personnel
- Maintain strong relationship with traffic, accounting, marketing and production to keep sales support moving in a positive direction while increasing productivity
- Conduct weekly sales meetings as a forum to share information, motivate and train staff, and provide teambuilding opportunities
- Set clear goals by sales person and communicate goals effectively
- Track sales progress and change accordingly as needed
- Oversee presentations to make sure they achieve the goal of the client and station
- Lead by example-be a positive and professional role model with a sense of urgency
- Responsible for inventory management and yield management pricin
- Work closely with research to provide marketing tools to drive sales results
- Be financially responsible for sales operating budget
- Endeavor to learn the duties and responsibilities of the General Manager in order to provide backup
- Additional duties may be assigned including those within Tulsa’s Cox Media
- Minimum of five (5) years media sales experience and three (3) years in media sales management experience.
- Must have strong verbal, writing, mathematical, and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Excel, Windows, PowerPoint and media software such as One Domain, Kantar, Wide Orbit and Nielsen ratings
- This person must excel in relationship building, revenue forecasting, inventory management and recruiting and developing a talented team of managers and sellers.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America’s leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company’s operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 32 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at http://www.coxmediagroup.com
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OK-Tulsa-2625 S Memorial Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top