Director, Strategic Growth Solution
The Director of Strategic Growth Solutions for Inventory and Financial solutions is responsible for developing new initiatives and solutions to maximize value delivered to across all clients creating profitable growth for Cox Automotive. This position is responsible for collaborating with the Global Enterprise Solutions and Enterprise Dealer Partnership teams to understand needs and develop value offerings in the form of new solutions, key initiatives with corresponding value propositions, monetization strategy, go-to-market strategy, and consulting model for enterprise clients. This position is also responsible for translating those solutions into scalable packages that can be offered to all other client groups to enable growth across the enterprise.
The position demands frequent interactions with all levels within the organization – heavy departmental collaboration is critical. The position also demands the ability to look beyond the present state of the business and project what opportunities will present themselves in the marketplace of the future – and how we should act now to capitalize on them. This role will work closely with senior executive leadership, product leadership, sales leadership, national client support teams, professional services and internal delivery teams to ensure alignment on value creation and delivery to strategic clients.
At Cox Automotive our work environment is very dynamic and requires a person who is comfortable operating at a fast pace, can collaborate with multiple teams and outside partners while driving for results and executional excellence.
- Identify, design (blue-print and architecture), incubate, and execute on large revenue initiatives where Cox Automotive can provide incremental enterprise client value leveraging our existing assets and where required, custom built solutions
- Establish and develop strong relationships / alignment with the Client Success and the solution groups strategy teams to advance CAI vision and goals for GES, EDP, and P&L owners.
- Develop a future looking point of view of needs across all client bases at least 12 months out, and influence roadmap owners across organization to align efforts to those needs.
- Establish and rollout a structure for an Enterprise Consulting Model in partnership with Client Services to drive an integrated CAI consulting approach within core, adjacency, and transformational insights and solutions for our clients
- Employ data-driven insights to target specific revenue opportunities by working with the Client Success Organization and guide the go-to-market strategy
- Identify and execute on large revenue opportunities where we can provide incremental enterprise client value leveraging our existing assets and resources. Examples of these could include (but is not limited to) recontracting, bundling and solution packaging, contract management advancement, integrated remarketing, Manheim vehicle advantage expansion, logistics integration, and local dealer deal construct consolidation.
- Monitor and optimize revenue and profit by implementing dynamic pricing and yield mgmt.
- Manage and prioritize initiatives based on enterprise client value, revenue opportunity, Cox Automotive profitability, and predictive and proactive opportunities
- Gain a deep understanding of client operating model and needs through working directly with and alongside the Enterprise teams and P&L owners.
- Create and manage an internal Center of Excellence and external client Advisory Board within each applicable business segment focused on obtaining insights the fuel initiatives and solution development as it applies to Inventory and Financial solution groups
- Support development of the client value proposition story to align with identified client needs and leverage the portfolio of cross-business Cox Automotive products
- Support the proliferation of client oriented solutions from Enterprise level to local level clients through standardization and scaled packaged construction based on value delivered.
- Collaborate with key product, technology and capability owners to co-create new initiative plans and validate solution architecture
- Co-creation/identification through product partnership to concept, rapid prototype, incubate and operationalize a minimally viable product
- Working alongside PMO and other project managers to ensure solution delivery and while conducting periodic audits and follow-up evaluations
- Track Client profitability and value realization related to developed solutions, determine associated implications for the business, and communicate findings
- Foster strategic thinking and build a ‘Point-of-View’ regarding growth opportunities, best practices and trends across our strategic client base
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Economics, Marketing, Business Administration or equivalent is required; an advanced degree (MBA) is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 – 8 years of experience in Client Strategy, Solution and Value proposition development
- Management experience in a complex organization, with a proven track record of positive results required; Management consultancy experience is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to understand and influence field and sales organizations
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills including experience in presenting to senior leadership in client facing roles
- Excellent data analytics capability is required with an ability to work with hypotheses-based insight generation
- Excellent writing proficiency, visual design, and presentation skills required
- Ability to give clear and consistent instructions to team members
- Ability to effectively develop, lead, motivate, influence, direct, and supervise working teams.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Ability to give clear and consistent instructions to team members.
- Ability to develop, lead, motivate, influence and supervise working teams.
- Ability to develop alternative solutions and provide justified recommendations.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships and influence at all levels of the organization
- Prior experience in the automotive industry strongly preferred, particularly with Fortune 500 companies and/or industry governance bodies
- Success in a high dynamic environment – high energy, quick turns, get-it-done mentality, limited oversight.
- Willingness to travel up to (35%)
Cox Automotive Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide.
Committed to open choice and dedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®, Xtime® and a host of other brands.
The global company has over 30,000 team members in more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S. consumer car buyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, Inc., an Atlanta-based company with revenues of $18 billion and approximately 55,000 employees. Cox Enterprises’ other major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications and Cox Media Group.
For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-3003 Summit Blvd
Other Locations: Atlanta,US,GA,,30301|Georgia,US,GA,,
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Director
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top