Director, HR Business Partners
Cox Automotive, is currently looking for aDirector, Human Resource Business Partners to join our People Strategies teamin Burlington, VT.
The Director, HR Business Partners isan integral part of the leadership team of the Product Engineering division ofCox Automotive Product Group, directly supporting the Chief Technology Officer.Accountable for the People Strategies agenda. He/she leads a team of humanresources business partner (HRBP) professionals in the development andimplementation of progressive people strategy and organizational programs thatgrow the business and enable the business / function to deliver on itsbusiness commitments. Regarded by the market/ function/ business as the Leaderin people performance.
- Develop the next generation of Cox AutomotivePeople Strategies leaders.Build a high-performing organization and deliver effective leadership to theHRBP team and function.
- Develop and lead people strategy opportunitiesand choices to compete and succeed. Drive the creation, execution and alignment of the PeopleStrategies and plans as part of the overall business strategy; to optimize thecontribution of Team Members to the business needs to drive competitiveadvantage. Lead local and global Cox Automotive People Strategy Initiatives.Collaborate with and influence senior leaders to prioritize strategic peoplepriorities and solutions that accelerate the achievement of business prioritiesthrough talent management, diversity and inclusion, rewards and recognition,and organizational effectiveness.
- Design and create the organization that willdeliver business success.Proactively challenge the established organizational design to drivesuperior performance. Work with the market/business/function leadership team todefine the organizational development needs, design and facilitate solutions.Lead smooth organizational transitions using best practice change managementmethodologies. Shape the culture to align to CA goals and initiatives throughsupporting and coaching Senior Leaders.
- Create the culture that enables the business tobe successful. Develop and drive theemployee engagement strategy to help make Cox Automotive the very best place tobe. Be the cultural enabler for your business. Lead promoting a culture that isproductive, open, empowering and equitable. Be a role model and coach SeniorLeaders to behave and make decisions in line with our management and leadershipprinciples.
- Resource the organization to enable current andfuture success. Lead the continuousimprovement of the overall performance and talent management of theorganization in line with the overall business strategy. Develop and executeresourcing and talent strategy for market/business/function that ensures wehave the right people in the right place at the right time. Build capability toensure long term success. Ensures People Strategies function provides allPeople Managers with the tools and support to drive individual and teamperformance improvement at all levels.
- Interpret data insightfully and generateoriginal insights for strategic talent priorities. Analyze qualitative and quantitative data tosolve problems and drive continuous improvement of talent priorities. Be aninsights advocate that reviews external data and trends and provides relevantinsight back into the business. Creating winning solutions to keepthe business ahead of the competition.
- Deliver better, quicker results through theexpertise, resources and connections of your network. Work collaboratively with People StrategiesCenters of Excellence to optimize the effectiveness of the business. Be theaccount manager for the rest of People Strategies, ensuringmarket/business/function receives the best support to support the delivery ofthe business and people strategies.
- Anticipate and respond to changing businessneeds. Influence lastingchange in assigned businesses by serving as a change advocate on companywidestrategies and initiatives. Lead smooth organizational transitions using bestpractice change management methodologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, HR or a relatedfield
- 10+ years progressive experience in HRdisciplines with a strategic focus or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience managing HR professionalsand/or people leaders
- Experience working with, coaching andinfluencing senior leaders
- Proven experience in a leadership role in agrowing, evolving organization
- What We Look For:
- Graduate degree in business, HR or a relatedfield
- Experience with diverse portfolio management ina fast-paced environment
- Leadership and exposure to all parts of PeopleStrategies (HRBP/COE/COS).
- Successful experience in creating, implementingand executing People Strategies for a business or function
- Effective influencing and coaching of seniorleader stakeholders
- Sustained success leading, coaching anddeveloping people in a high performing team environment
- Experience in leading significant change andbusiness transformation
- Worked within a matrix organization; achievingresults through effective influencing and collaboration.
Cox Automotive Inc. is transforming the way theworld buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing,software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers,manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to openchoice and dedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive familyincludes Autotrader®, Dealer.com®,Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®,Xtime® and a host of other brands. The global company has over 30,000 teammembers in more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 autodealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S.consumer car buyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. CoxAutomotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, Inc., an Atlanta-based companywith revenues of $18 billion and approximately 55,000 employees. CoxEnterprises’ other major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications andCox Media Group. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-VT-Burlington-1 Howard St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Director
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top