Detailer Quality Control
This position is responsible for the accuracy of vehicles detailed to sale condition according to customer specifications and Auction standards by inspecting vehicles and work areas upon completion of detail reconditioning work.
- Inspect and verify that quality of detail/reconditioning work performed is in accordance to customer specifications and contract standards. Examine visually and by touch if necessary. Track all vehicles entering and exiting the lanes using a detail sheet and/or PT’s (portable terminals).
- Check wash bay steps by inspecting exterior, engine compartment, door jambs, luggage compartments, fender wells and lower splash shields, etc. looking for dirt, grease, tar, bugs and other contaminates.
- Check interior cleaning steps by inspecting ashtrays, dashboards, panels, vinyl, windows, carpets and upholstery, and making sure debris is removed, etc.
- Check buffing steps by verifying that dressing was properly applied to the engine and tires and that the vehicle was waxed, buffed and polished to appropriate standards.
- Check final touch-up by inspecting windows, bumpers, moldings, wax, etc.
- Reject vehicles not meeting standards and return to detail shop for redo. Educate detail piece rate employees on reason for reject and required specifications. Generate appropriate reports and re-inspect problem vehicles to ensure quality standards are met.
- Ensure employees have proper equipment and are properly trained in its use.
- Ensure wash bays and other work areas are cleaned at the end of the workday and/or throughout if necessary.
- Ensure detail work is done in an effective, efficient manner.
- Lead team members in safe work practices.
- Work safely following Manheim safety rules and OSHA rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager/Supervisor to include driving vehicle into building and to properly clean car staging area, occasional sale day responsibilities as needed.
High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year detailing experience or auction experience preferred
Valid Drivers License and safe driving record
- Ability to drive vehicles with automatic and manual transmissions
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Good work habits and attendance
- Must be able to follow directions
- Good organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Team and customer service oriented
- Personal Protective Equipment
Occasional exposure to fumes/odors and cleaning fluids
- Moderate noise level
- Must be able to work in all outdoor weather conditions
- Fast paced work environment
Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Enter and exit vehicles frequently
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-MS-Hattiesburg-7510 US Hwy 49
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top