Cox Business Customer Care Specialist (Technical Support)
At Cox, we connect people to the things they love. Now we’d like to connect with you. Cox Communications is looking for sharp talent to join our team and be the voice of our brand. As a Cox Business Customer Care Specialist (Technical Support), you will play a pivotal role in the continued stability and growth of our organization by serving as a front-line representative of the Cox brand.
The Cox Business Customer Care Specialist (Technical Support) supports Inbound customer contact from all Cox Business Customer Care Service sites on a 24/7 basis, including holidays. Specialists handle support for Core and Strategic Customer segments for all Video, Voice, Data and Hospitality products that Cox Business provides nationally. Specialists troubleshoot Customer Premise Equipment, Cox Equipment, and identify and troubleshoot network or plant issues. Specialists support includes, but are not limited to Webhosting, DNS, CIDR IP, Email, and VPN issues. Specialists’ partner with various local market departments such as NOC, SOC, NTSC, SDC etc., assisting in troubleshooting associated transport systems including Sonet as well as Hi-Cap and Fiber services. The Cox Business Customer Care Specialist is the primary point of contact for all National Account Customers, Webhosting Customers, Online Backup Customers, and Security Suite customers.
- Competitive wages with potential for additional financial incentives for motivated team members!
- FREE Internet and other Cox discounted services
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits first day!
- Casual, yet energetic and engaging work environment
- Retirement Benefits including 401(K) and Pension
- Work-life balance, including generous time off policies: Up to 22 days of Paid Time Off during first year, plus 7 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance provided
- High degree of commitment to our communities including volunteer opportunities
- Career Advancement Opportunities across the Cox family of companies
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- DATA/VIDEO/VOICE/HOSPITALITY: Receives incoming calls from commercial customers for technical support. Diagnoses and resolves customer technical support issues with emphasis on serving in a professional and courteous manner.
- DATA Service responsibilities include: Cable Modem Provisioning/Troubleshooting, IP and DNS management and troubleshooting, E-mail set-up troubleshooting, Plant and network problem trending, PC/MAC troubleshooting including TCP/IP and hardware problem troubleshooting, Fiber/HiCap troubleshooting, Metro-Ethernet troubleshooting, Webhosting, CBOB, CBSS and other network+ related issues.
- VOICE Service Responsibilities include: eMTA troubleshooting, POTS line troubleshooting PRI over HFC, Fiber/HiCap voice services, feature provisioning and troubleshooting including Voicemail, HUNT groups, caller ID, and Cox’s VoiceManager product. Diagnoses and trends issues related to geographic problems, switch issues, and effectively partners with our various Switch locations for ensuring customer resolution.
- VIDEO Service responsibilities include: Digital and Analog Television troubleshooting, including digital set-top boxes (MOTO and CISCO platforms), customer equipment/cabling configurations, and trends audio and video issues related to plant/network issues.
- HOSPITALITY Service Responsibilities include: PC/MAC troubleshooting for up to 100,000 hotel guests for internet assistance, inclusive of Email and TCP/IP settings. Remote Server configuration maintenance and troubleshooting at the hotel locations and managing guest registration issues to ensure accurate billing information to optimize Revenue of the product. Also performs dispatch functions and routes fix agents to hotel locations based on Service Level agreements at the hotel properties.
- DATA/VIDEO/VOICE/HOSPITALITY: Manages Problem Handling processes across all Cox Markets including Trouble ticket creation and customer follow up. Ensures accurate problem tickets and call disposition in order to effectively trend call driving issues into call center. Processes incoming/outgoing trouble tickets for customer related issues, specifically handling incoming emails/Remedy tickets needing follow up or customer required responses.
- Refers issues that require dispatched maintenance technicians to NSC Tier 2
- DATA/VIDEO/VOICE/HOSPITALITY: Troubleshoots hardware and software configurations to isolate and determine solutions in accordance with AUP standards.
- DATA/VIDEO/VOICE/HOSPITALITY: Maintains current knowledge of all commercial products and uses all appropriate processes and procedures for trouble shooting data, video, and telephony systems and applications.
- DATA/VIDEO/VOICE/HOSPITALITY: Maintains overall industry awareness of products and services provided by both Cox and Cox Competitors nation-wide through training and self reliance
- DATA/VIDEO/VOICE/HOSPITALITY: Documents problems and solutions; completes reports and service orders using large customer database.
- DATA/VIDEO/VOICE/HOSPITALITY: Provides billing information and resolves problems for customers escalated through Account Services for commercial billing issues…
- HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience
- 1 or more year of experience preferred in relatedfield
- Effective troubleshooting skills
- Effective analytical skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Ability to work flexible hours and/or on-call asneeded
- Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Office; ie:Word, Excel (Computer skills – data entry)
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skillsto work effectively with customers and teams throughout organization
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and LAN/WAN topologies andconfigurations
- Knowledge of telecommunications services
- Experience configuring Cox Supplied customerpremise equipment
- Knowledge of cable industry billing software(ICOMS or equivalent)
- Prior experience with trouble management software
- A+, Net+ certification
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
Your Career at Cox
From the valued customers we connect through our innovative communications services, to the employees we unite through exciting career opportunities, Cox is all about bringing people together and enhancing their lives.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in cable, telephone and commercial services, industry-leading customer care, and its outstanding workplaces. We are always looking for talented professionals to join our team! Cox offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package (healthcare, pension, and 401k) and a best-in-class working environment.
Cox is an equal employment opportunity employer, disabled/protected/veteran and a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. Learn more at: http://www.cox.com/.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-NV-Las Vegas-1700 Vegas Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top