This position works with customers and location operational groups to ensure that the sale runs smoothly both operationally and administratively. Works closely with Market Account Management Team to ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded. Promotes and educates customers on the various products and services provided by Manheim.
- Represents the Dealer Sales Lane at the location on sale days —promotes services such as Manheim Certified, assigns run numbers, reps vehicles on the block, works “IF” counter, upsells products and services, etc.
- Works with lane, department managers, market sales team, and other coordinators to ensure each vehicle crosses the auction block on sale day; also responsible for ensuring vehicles are re‐ran if needed.
- Works directly with customer onsite to ensure expectations are met and service issues are resolved.
- Champions all sale day preparations (pre/post activities) related to in‐lane and online sales.
- Educates dealers on all Manheim products and services on sale day, especially MMR to ensure Manheim sets realistic dealer expectations on selling cars.
- Demonstrates professionalism and sincere appreciation for the business relationships that have been established amongst the dealers and the auction.
- Reports any findings of unethical behavior and/or failure to adhere to the auction’s policies and procedures.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into Sales Activity Management (SAM).
- Investigates, troubleshoots, and resolves customer problems and issues; serves as a liaison between customers, sales teams, and location personnel to reconcile problems and to maintain a high level of customer service.
- Maintains open lines of communication with Account Management group, National Account Development group and Major Accounts when customer issues arise.
- Makes hotel reservations for dealers visiting the location.
- Reviews vehicles in sales line‐up, locates missing vehicles, and works with customers and operations to ensure that vehicles are prepared for sale (i.e., approval for repairs, frame checks, mileage, and VIN check).
- Coordinates with Recon shops to ensure that repairs are completed in a timely manner
- Works closely with vehicle check‐in and lot operations to ensure all work is completed on dealer vehicles (i.e., recon, inspections, details, etc.).
- Contacts inside support if units are pulled from the sale for work not being completed or mechanical issues so this can be communicated to the customer.
- Coordinates the completion of ECR’s and vehicle checks for certification programs.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 – 3 years Auction experience or 2 – 4 years dealership experience strongly preferred. Previous experience in sales support role desired.
- Effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work in a high performance, fast-paced team environment.
- Solid computer skills, including ability to use Internet and MS Office effectively.
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a constantly changing environment.
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills required.
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks; manual dexterity.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and depth perception.
Occasional exposure to outdoor weather conditions as well as noise, dust, and fumes in auction lanes.
Cox Automotive is a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for automotive dealers, manufacturers and consumers. Cox Automotive includes AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and a host of other global businesses and brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cox Automotive employs nearly 24,000 employees in over 150 locations worldwide. We partner with more than 40,000 dealers and touch more than 67 percent of all car buyers in the U.S. with the most recognized brands in the industry. We unite more than 20 brands in this space, providing an end-to-end solution to transform the way the world buys, sells and owns cars.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: CA-QC-Saint-Eustache-715, rue Dubois
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top