Dealertrack, a Cox Automotive Brand, is currently looking for a Collateral Specialist with excellent attention to detail to join our vehicle title services team in Sacramento, CA.
Dealertrack’s teams are comprised of versatile, hardworking, and creative thinkers with diverse skill sets who can adapt to the rapid changes in the automotive and technology industries. Our professionals are committed to changing the way people shop for and purchase vehicles through our connected digital software solutions.
Under general supervision, the Collateral Specialist is responsible for providing quality and efficient customer service to Dealertrack clients by responding to all customer inquiries regarding services, processes, reports, complaints and lien placement.
Essential job functions:
Collateral Specialists are responsible for ensuring contractual obligations are met for each client. Responsibilities include resolving escalated issues, evaluation of process and procedures, client record management and verifying collateral packets are complete for securing new liens and to take appropriate action as necessary.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Customer Service- Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Detail Orientation- Pays close attention to detail and possesses good organizational skills.
- Verbal Communication-Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication- Ability to write clearly and effectively present ideas and to document activities; to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork- Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Adaptability- Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Quality- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity- Completes work in timely manner; works quickly.
- Organizational Support- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values.
- Orderly-Keeps work area clean and organized to ensure compliance with safety and security policies.
- Decision Making- Displays willingness to make decisions, and exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Supports and explains reasoning for decisions. Includes appropriate people in decision making process and makes timely decisions.
- Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Analytical- Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Multi tasking- Ability to prioritize workload and handle multiple tasks while producing quality results.
- Time Management- Ability to organize tasks to ensure effective work and productivity.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Intermediate knowledge of PC software applications (i.e. MS Office, Excel, Outlook)
- Data entry skills required; ability to type 35wpm or greater at 99.6% accuracy
- Phone skills required
- Written communication skills required
- Two years’ experience in a fast paced, high volume, customer service support position preferred
- Knowledge DMV vehicle titling or vehicle registration preferred
- Working knowledge of consumer lending within a financial institution preferred
- Knowledge of company propriety software preferred
- Ability to perform routine and repetitive production work
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Prolonged exposure to computer screens that may lead to eyestrain
- Variable shifts for Day and Evening and Part Time and Full Time which can include Saturdays
- Ability to lift or push up to 35lbs
Dealertrack, a Cox Automotive Brand, is building a connected suite of software solutions and services to help automotive dealers thrive in today’s digital retailing environment. From digital marketing to credit applications and financing, our integrated approach is making buying, selling and shopping for a car more efficient and enjoyable for everyone involved.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-CA-Sacramento-9750 Goethe Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top