At Dealertrack Technologies we are looking for ambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortable working in fast-paced environments and who have passion and skills to take our product offering to the next level. Our Team Members are energetic influencers who have built a world-class software platform for automotive finance companies and dealers from the ground up. We’re looking for thinkers at every stage in their career with intensity and creativity to take on the biggest challenges in our industry. Collaboration and support are promoted in everything we do – you’ll be immersed in an environment that nurtures individualism, creative problem-solving, and intellect.
The Business Analyst interprets and analyzes product specifications and requirements to develop, maintain and support automated business processes and write detailed functional specifications. Will work with internal scrum teams and the client’s team of programmer/analysts or web developers/engineers to create a systems solution to meet the user’s needs. Acts as the primary communication point to our clients for any systems changes, updates or reporting needs.
The Business Analyst brings daily challenges and responsibilities aimed at troubleshooting problems and provides solutions via intensive computer-based research and analysis. Essential tasks involve identifying areas within a business process or requirement for improvement, and translating our clients’ strategies, policies, procedures and objectives into functional requirements.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engages with clients in understanding the business request and gathering business requirements. Creates detailed requirements document in User Story format as well as Scoping document, including the full scope of business and system impact.(25% OF TIME)
- Facilitates meetings and communication between stakeholders during the requirement gathering and product development cycles. Leads and coordinates client testing and production validation.(25%)
- Triages client inquiries and investigations. Understands the impact and is able to determine the severity and extensiveness of an investigation/issue.(30%)
- Leads the day-to-day co-ordination and communication with clients. (10%)
- Assists in product launch activities and client training.Maintains updated documentation, supports knowledge transfer and internal training. (10%)
What we Look For
- Knowledgeable in automotive finance industry – experience working with indirect lenders highly desirable.
- Understanding of software application behavior – desktop and web.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft office tools – Word, Excel, Visio.
Experience in analyzing, developing and integrating new client feature requests into current system architecture and design by conducting thorough impact analysis and providing recommendations.
- Deep problem solving capabilities and demonstrated experience in customer needs identification analysis. Solutions require creativity, critical thinking, and collaboration, with assessment of potential impacts.
- Ability to prioritize work based on client impact, and consultation and collaboration with Lender Development Managers, Product Owners and Senior Manager, Lender and Captive Operations.
- Ownership of customer investigations – coordinating internal activities, proactive follow up with internal stakeholders and clients through resolution.
- Excellent communication skills – ability to translate technical language into concise, meaningful updates for clients.
- Experience working in agile environments an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5-7 years’ experience in a Business Analyst role for a lending institution or software application company.
- Bilingual, French is desirable.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: CA-ON-Mississauga-2700 Matheson Blvd E
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top