Big Data Engineer
Graham Technologies is hiring Big Data Engineer(s) in the DC metro area (DC, MD and VA). We are looking for a candidate who will work on the collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing of huge sets of data. The primary focus will be on choosing optimal solutions to use for these purposes, then maintaining, implementing, and monitoring them. You will also be responsible for integrating them with the architecture used across the company.
- Selecting and integrating any Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities
- Implementing ETL process
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes
- Defining data retention policies
What we’re looking for
To land this positions you must have an Active TS/SCI w/Polygraph and some working knowledge of the below skills
- Effective communication (written & verbal)
- High level understanding of big frameworks
- Programming experience
- Deep knowledge in data mining, machine learning, natural language processing, or information retrieval
- Good knowledge of Big Data querying tools, such as Pig, Hive, and Impala
- Scripting language experience (Perl, Python etc.)
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data
What you can expect from us
We’ll pay you a competitive salary commensurate to your experience. Graham Technologies benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental care, life insurance and AD&D, 401(k), up to 27 days of paid time off per year, 10 holidays per year, short and long term disability, education/training assistance, referral program and transportation benefits. We also believe in work to life balance and treating our employees as part of the Graham Tech family. We are looking for employees who want to grow in their career and with our company.
About Graham Technologies
Established in 2007, Graham Technologies provides Information Technology (IT) and engineering support services to the commercial and federal sectors. Through Superior IT support services and application modernization, Graham has assisted customers in achieving their respective goals and objectives; increasing their return on investment (ROI); and maintaining efficiency and effectiveness of their IT solutions.
Are you willing to accept the mission?
Sounds interesting? Start the conversation. Tell us what the next step in your career could be.
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top