Automotive Lot Operations Worker
This position isresponsible for the locating, identifying, moving, and parking of vehicles inassigned areas in a safe, efficient and effective manner and in compliance withAuction safety rules and regulations.
- Remove license platesfrom vehicles delivered to receiving lot and write plate numbers on driver’sdoor window. Forward plates to appropriate auction personnel.
- Locate and drivevehicles scheduled for shipping to the designated shipping area. Writeappropriate vehicle releases.
- As directed bysupervisor, drive vehicles from canopies to designated areas.
- Ensure that barcodestickers are affixed to vehicles prior to entering the main sales lot. Scan bar code into handheld computer for processing in the AS400 system.
- Remove unnecessaryidentification from vehicles and write current vehicle information on thewindshield. Relocate and park vehicles as directed. Input odometerreading into the AS400 computer system.
- Assist other employeeswho may be unfamiliar with lot operations and lot practices.
- Perform other duties asassigned by manager or supervisor, i.e., direct traffic flow during/aftersales, organize/stage sale cars after the sale, etc.
- Visibly demonstratesafety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modelingthe behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of allsafety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- May be required to workovertime (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs
- High School Diploma orequivalent preferred.
- Valid Driver’s Licenseand safe driving record required.
- Ability to drivevehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Good computer skillsbeneficial.
- Constantly required toenter and exit vehicles.
- Ability to sit forprolonged periods of time.
- Ability to walk longdistances. Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
- Frequently required tostoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Ability to lift 1-15pounds.
Cox Automotive is a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for automotive dealers, manufacturers and consumers. Cox Automotive includes AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and a host of other global businesses and brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cox Automotive employs nearly 24,000 employees in over 150 locations worldwide. We partner with more than 40,000 dealers and touch more than 67 percent of all car buyers in the U.S. with the most recognized brands in the industry. We unite more than 20 brands in this space, providing an end-to-end solution to transform the way the world buys, sells and owns cars.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-MN-Maple Grove-8001 Jefferson Hwy
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top