Automotive Lot Operations Worker
This position is responsible for the locating, identifying, moving, and parking of vehicles in assigned areas in a safe, efficient and effective manner and in compliance with Auction safety rules and regulations.
- Remove license plates from vehicles delivered to receiving lot and write plate numbers on driver’s door window. Forward plates to appropriate auction personnel.
- Locate and drive vehicles scheduled for shipping to the designated shipping area. Write appropriate vehicle releases.
- As directed by supervisor, drive vehicles from canopies to designated areas.
- Ensure that barcode stickers are affixed to vehicles prior to entering the main sales lot. Scan bar code into handheld computer for processing in the AS400 system.
- Remove unnecessary identification from vehicles and write current vehicle information on the windshield. Relocate and park vehicles as directed. Input odometer reading into the AS400 computer system.
- Assist other employees who may be unfamiliar with lot operations and lot practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor, i.e., direct traffic flow during/after sales, organize/stage sale cars after the sale, etc.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- May be required to work overtime (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Good computer skills beneficial.
- Constantly required to enter and exit vehicles.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to walk long distances. Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Ability to lift 1-15 pounds.
Cox Automotive is a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for automotive dealers, manufacturers and consumers. Cox Automotive includes AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and a host of other global businesses and brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cox Automotive employs nearly 24,000 employees in over 150 locations worldwide. We partner with more than 40,000 dealers and touch more than 67 percent of all car buyers in the U.S. with the most recognized brands in the industry. We unite more than 20 brands in this space, providing an end-to-end solution to transform the way the world buys, sells and owns cars.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-MN-Maple Grove-8001 Jefferson Hwy
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top