Account Executive-Media Sales (Future Position)
Do you enjoy solving problems? Do you like to express your creativity? Want the ability to make a great income? Then Cox Media Group is the perfect place for your career. Working at Cox Media Group is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with our audience – however and wherever they connect with music and entertainment. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Media Consultant position carries the responsibility for developing and selling radio/digital/event advertising campaigns to prospective businesses for CMG Miami Radio’s 4 super brands and our robust digital offerings. This individual must be independent, very organized and detail-oriented. We are looking for candidates that are competitive in nature, who have the ability to first seek to understand a problem, and then develop creative ideas and solution
The ideal candidate will have a disciplined approach to maintaining day-to-day sales activity levels, the ability to prospect and acquire new business, strong presentation skills and a proven track record in building and sustaining client-based relationships. This role will also be educating our clients and agencies on our robust suite of digital products/services such as Display, SEO, SEM, mobile, social media and reach extension solutions.
You will have the opportunity to leverage our industry expertise, position in the market, nationally recognized talent to form consultative sales strategies. The ultimate goal is to build the trust of our clients while helping the individual Radio stations and yourself exceed monthly, quarterly and annual goals. CMG will provide excellent training and coaching sessions to ensure your success with our company.
Properties/Personalities & Sites you will be working with:
- WFLC- Hits 97.3 & The DJ Laz Morning Show
- WEDR- 99 Jamz & The Rickey Smiley Morning Show
- WHQT- Hot 105.1
- WFEZ – Easy 93.1
- Prospect, pursue & develop new business and service station accounts
- Performs necessary analysis and planning to assure that the objectives and priorities for each sales call are established (presentations, promotions, and research )and met in time frames acceptable to the client
- Identifies and cultivates personnel in targeted accounts who make or influence advertising and related event purchasing decisions
- Develops or coordinates the development of sales presentations to clients and potential clients
- Addresses or participates in addressing clients’ concerns, questions and objections; works to close sales with each targeted client
- Participates in negotiating pricing, advertising placements, content, and event concepts
- Keeps sales management apprised of progress toward established revenue goals and of the progress in closing identified prospects
- Stewards proposals, deals and post-deal analyses
- Proven track record of sales success
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Minimum of three years of experience in media sales, digital media sales, account management, media buying or sales of other complex business solutions preferred
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Hard-working, integrity, relationship-builder with a winning attitude
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Work with brand teams, ad operations and finance to provide client satisfaction
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and CRM tools
- Some travel necessary
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record required
- Co-op and vendor support knowledge helpful
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America’s leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company’s operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 32 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmedia.com
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-FL-Hollywood-2741 N 29th Ave
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top