Account Executive 2 - Cox Business
UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL. CREATE OUR FUTURE.
Cox is more than a cable company; we are a technology solutions leader. Whether you’re selling to a well-established organization or a start-up, we’ve got the products to help keep your client’s business – and your financial success – moving in the right direction. As Account Executive for Cox Business, you will work in a fast-paced, forward-thinking environment. You will be have access to dedicated sales support, marketing and competitive research and back office support to allow you to focus on what you do best – closing deals!
Bring your sales experience and Cox will provide you product training to take your career to the next level. Cox is consistently recognized for our great customer service and performance and we want you to join our Winner’s Circle!
THE COX COMMUNICATIONS DIFFERENCE
Cox Communications is more than just a place to work. We strive to create an environment that nurtures personal development and the opportunity to build on your talents and grow your career. We value collaboration – ideas and input are always welcome – we are looking for talented individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us.
To demonstrate the value we place in our employees, Cox offers:
- Competitive base with uncapped earning potential!
- Winners Circle and other awards – we celebrate success!
- FREE Internet and other Cox discounted services (in applicable markets)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits first day
- Retirement Benefits including 401(K) and Pension
- Work-life balance, including generous time off policies: Up to 22 days of Paid
- Tuition reimbursement
- Mentoring and training programs
- Commitment to our communities through employee volunteer opportunities
- Career advancement across more than 300 businesses in the Cox Enterprises port
THE NITTY GRITTY
Cox Business Account Executives (B2B) sell bundled telephony, data, and video solutions to new small to medium (1-20 employees) business customers in assigned territory; maintain on-going relationships with existing customers, and cross- and upsells customers as long as there is potential for uncovered account growth. Solutions set may include data/transport solutions (Internet, Ethernet), VoIP solutions (SIP Trunking, IP Centrex), and software-as-a-service. Refers leads to other members of outside sales team, as appropriate. Account Executives work independently in the field 70% of the week calling on and meeting with new or potential customers. The role is part of a goal-driven, sales organization with a core focus on growing revenue quickly.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Identifies new prospects in assigned territory using multiple sources of sales leads (internal and external networking, and market analysis tools/software e.g. Dun & Bradstreet data to aid in investigating new and expanding businesses). Collects information about prospects’ businesses from their websites and other sources to prepare for sales calls and assess potential applications. (Spends the most time on this activity.)
- Develops and maintains sales plans for own territory and for each account.
- Manages and maintains required pipeline and forecast data, and provides updates as required by management.
- Keeps customer database up to date by recording all activities, transactions, and communications with customers.
- Prepares regular expense, sales forecasts, and sales activity reports using software designed for that purpose.
- Refers contact information for a customer or prospect to another representative if the sale is not appropriate (e.g. out of territory, customer or prospect is too large or too small).
- Determines if the prospective customer is on or off-net.
- Communicates with prospective customers in person, by phone, email or other technology to develop sales opportunities and set an appointment to understand their business and explore mutually beneficial objectives, using solution selling techniques as appropriate.
- Meets with prospective customers in person or by conference call to collect information required to assess their communication needs in detail, estimate the amount and type of potential business the account represents, and qualify the prospect.
- Uses a spreadsheet-based tool to assess the ROI for prospects who are not currently on the Cox network and forwards the result for approval.
- Collaborates with Sales Engineer and Sales Support Team to determine appropriate solutions to meet customers’ needs. Develops proposals and multi-media sales presentations.
- Makes face-to-face or web conference cost-justified sales presentations to customer decision makers. Uses solution selling techniques to leverage the position of Cox and the communications products it offers and to educate and influence customers.
- Demonstrates observable knowledge of the IMPACT training during the prospecting/selling process. Builds an effective consultative relationship with customers during the sales process to ensure customer satisfaction. Maintains relationships with customers in order to provide good service, develop future business opportunities, and gain referrals. May entertain customers.
- Negotiates pricing, products, and promotions with new customers. Verifies that service pricing reflects pricing structures set at the corporate level.
- Works with Order Entry Specialist to set up orders for installation. Works with Sales Engineer and/or Sales Support Team to address any issues regarding installation or service for the customer.
- Attends job-related training to increase knowledge of Cox and competitor telephony, data, wireless, and video services and offerings, customer premise equipment, networking, consultation, negotiation, and sales skills; attends strategic and/or development meetings with Sales management.
- Participates in internal meetings to create product packages, sales processes, communicate and coordinate sales, report on sales activities, implement new products, solve problems, and keep up-to-date with information about Cox.
- Creates and participates in opportunities to serve as a public representative and image builder of Cox in the local community in order to network and develop and maintain Cox’s presence; e.g., promotes and/or attends non-profit
- 2 or more years of experience required in related field
- 1 year telecommunications (telephony, data, and video) experience
- 1 year successful business-to-business outside sales experience preferred with quotas and cold calling
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
- Requires 6 months experience using a computer in a work or non-work setting
- Excellent skill in adaptability, applied learning, assignment management, building relationships, written communication, customer service orientation, formal presentation skills, functional competence, high impact communication, continuous learning, negotiation, PC skills, reasoning, and sales skills, in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired
- 3 years business-to-business sales experience with quotas
- 1 year telecommunications sales experience
- Knowledge of local telecom market, local contacts
YOUR CAREER AT COX
From the valued customers we connect through our innovative communications services, to the employees we unite through exciting career opportunities, Cox is all about bringing people together and enhancing their lives.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in cable, telephone and commercial services, industry-leading customer care, and its outstanding workplaces. We are always looking for talented professionals to join our team! Cox offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package (healthcare, pension, and 401k) and a best-in-class working environment.
Cox is an equal employment opportunity employer, disabled/protected/veteran and a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. Learn more at: http://www.cox.com/.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-VA-Herndon-3080 Centreville Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top