On behalf of Cox Media Group (CMG) Newspaper Innovation team, the Account Director will maintain and grow revenue. Position will work strategically with accounts and their agencies to grow revenue via portfolio expansion, improved targetability, and data/analysis to enhance ROI. You will provide creative solutions leveraging the assets; including digital, mobile, and content to both complement and enhance their existing programs. You will be responsible for prospecting, setting meetings with clients and agencies, building relationships with key levels of account organization inclusive of C-Suite and Executives – President, VP and Senior Directors at both the client and agency levels. They will work closely with the Sr. Director of Revenue & Strategy on building unique sales ideas for DawgNation.com, SECCountry.com and any other new sites in development. Position comprises up to 50% travel. Selling will be done through email, in-person calls, and faxes and by telephone. The ideal candidate should be an innovative thinker with documented success of exceeding sales quota.
- Prospect, set meetings, build proposals, present and close revenue across named websites
- Exceed weekly activity goals of sales calls, new client prospecting and sales pipeline
- Strategically develop, create and sell unique, custom sponsorship opportunities across named websites
- Develop new business from non-existing clients, agencies of record and direct advertisers
- Ability to show a complete understanding of product features and benefits, rates and packaging
- Necessary to evolve with digital technology and adapt to new product offerings for clients
- Complete understanding of programmatic landscape
- Working independently, making sound business decisions related to achieving revenue goals while communicating with your manager each day to discuss strategy and other key issues.
- Ability to provide accurate sales forecasts and revenue projections through a CRM
- Own the entire sales process and retention cycle
- Strategically manage the revenue for clients/agencies by leveraging data and analytics to identify areas of opportunity for growth and ROI enhancement.
- Develop in-depth understanding of clients, their marketing strategies, their organization (decision makers/influencers), and their agencies.
- Strengthen direct client relationships at multiple levels in the organization.
- Develop strong relationships and provide excellent ongoing communication with agencies to ensure they are clearly informed in a timely manner of all opportunities.
- Partner closely with agencies to develop efficient preprint targeting strategies and executions for our shared clients.
- Develop new business opportunities with existing accounts and introducing cross-media advertising strategies when the opportunity arises.
- Build and maintain relationships with external clients and internal departments to meet and exceed revenue and business goals.
- Align clients’ sales strategies with strategic marketing positions.
- Partner with CMO’s, and other Executives clients and agencies to meet their sales and marketing objectives.
- Team selling in conjunction with other CMG media colleagues and partners; particularly may require collaboration with AJC sales team on certain named accounts
High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, a related field, preferred.
- Minimum 3 years with strong preference for 5 years in outside media sales with documented performance of exceeding sales quotas
- IAB certification a plus
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal)
- Above average knowledge of digital technology
- Exceptional problem solver – especially when competing with software and technology
- Strong business development focus
- High degree of creativity, independence, self-motivation and drive.
- Well-developed time management, organizational and follow-through skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change in a highly dynamic work environment
- Excellent relationship building skills both in-person and over the phone and understanding of the importance of building internal and external networks to increase personal effectiveness
- Excellent analytic and presentation skills; along with negotiating strategy capabilities.
- Multi-market selling experience a plus.
- Eagerness to learn new media/technology in an environment that is constantly changing
- Maintain strong ongoing knowledge of the digital advertising landscape and industry
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and ACT
- The ability to work at various levels with clients and advertising agencies at all levels of organization; including C-level.
- Solid ability to identify new revenue opportunities,
- The ability to overcome objections
- The ability to sell using research.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Ability to manage projects
- Self-directed, motivated, and with exceptional multi-tasking abilities.
- Extensive and ongoing industry information gathering through various resources such as trade publications, competitive media, and industry functions, the internet, etc.
- Frequent travel required. Valid driver’s license required along with proof of insurance.
Internal contacts: VP of Advertising (s) Advertising Sales, Advertising Operations, Marketing, finance office and credit
External contacts: Local & National Advertising Customers, Local & National Adverting Agencies
Cox Media Group (CMG) is anintegrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media companythat also includes the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps – the country’s biggest television rep firm – Gamut, and Videa. Thecompany’s operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations; morethan 60 radio stations; six daily newspapers, more than a dozen non-dailypublications; and more than 100 digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, and All22. CMG currentlyoperates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 millionAmericans weekly, including more than 31 million TV viewers, more than 3.5million newspaper readers, and nearly 15 million radio listeners. Formore information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
CoxMedia Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer;Minorities/Veterans/Women/Disabled.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-TX-Dallas-13737 Noel Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top