Account Director, East
The Job: The Account Director ensures the ongoing success of Cox Automotive by identifying new opportunities for revenue growth within their regions as well as maintaining/protecting the current revenue for the their accounts.
Provides account oversight and direction, client relationship management, and is the single escalation point for all Cox Automotive clients. This is a field position and a person living in the Detroit Metro area is preferred.
The Account Director will support Dealer.com saas and media offerings as well as other targeted solutions.
- Identify, qualify, and close new business opportunities by:
- Understanding the different OEM departments, the politics between them, and identify the different types of stakeholders, decision makers, influencers, proponents, and opponents.
- Creating and facilitate sales presentations.
- For larger opportunities/RFP’s, manage entire response process, assign and follow-up on deliverables from each internal department, as well as perform final edits
- Knowing all assigned Cox Automotive offerings and how Cox Automotive’ s data and services benefit different departments within an Automotive OEM.
- Understanding Automotive ESG marketing strategies.
- Participating in a SWAT team by understanding and targeting sales.
- Help tell the story of SAOR
- Gather requirements and probes for details on specific needs from new clients, as well as collaborates with the Project Manager on responding to existing client needs and prioritizations while helping set both internal and client expectation.
- Track revenue potential for internal sales, product, and executive leadership in terms of which products and services match client needs in order to help Cox Automotive forecast revenue. Tracking includes:
- The stage of the opportunity
- The product/service
- New or current client
- The client contact info
- The probability of the client to purchase
- The potential revenue (One-time + Recurring)
- The expected sign date
- The result – Won or Lost
- Manage all financial and billing aspects with the client:
- Compose and present final estimates/proposals
- Obtain PO detail and communicate to internal Accounting
- Approve/verify invoicing for internal Accounting
- Follow-up on any invoicing discrepancies
- Follow-up on any outstanding invoices
- Communicate with clients on a daily basis via email, phone, and face-to-face.
- Meet regularly with client business and IT owners, directors, and executives.
- Develop and effectively manage your ESG relationships to support company revenue targets.
- This position is responsible for the entire cycle: identifying a prospect, building the relationship, closing a sale, providing client relationship support during an implementation, and setting the stage for selling the next solution.
What We Look For:
- Demonstrated history of achievement and discipline to manage the sale of intangible software solutions to large corporations
- Experience in the automotive industry at various levels
- Excellent phone, written and oral communication skills required
- Polished presentation skills required
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
- College degree required
Who We Are + What We Do:
As part of the Cox Automotive family, Cox Automotive is building a connected suite of software solutions and services to help automotive dealers thrive in today’s digital retailing environment. From digital marketing to credit applications and financing, our integrated approach is making buying, selling and shopping for a car more efficient and enjoyable for everyone involved.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-MI-Novi-39500 High Pointe Blvd
Other Locations: Michigan,US,MI,,
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Meet Some of Cox Enterprises's Employees
Senior Sales Research Analyst, Cox Media Group
Monica does more than simply research analytical data behind her computer. She’s a fearless leader in the diversity, inclusion, and millennial initiatives at Cox Media Group.
Back to top