Senior Software Developer
- Atlanta, GA
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
• 3+ Years in similar capacity preferred. Qualified candidates recently graduated and able to demonstrate high level of technical knowledge will be considered for Software Engineer positions
• Strong Microsoft .NET and ASP.NET skills
• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming first principles
• Strong SQL and Microsoft SQL Server skills
• Solid understanding of Web application architecture and operations
• Evident interest in keeping up to date with technology landscape and state-of-the-art
- Requirements Gathering – In collaboration with Business Analyst and Architect, contributes to business requirements specifications, process maps and screen mockup/prototype creation.
• Project Planning – In collaboration with Project Manager, contributes to planning/estimation and scheduling/tracking of development tasks on assigned projects.
• Design and Implementation – Contributes to architecture definition, responsible for module level design, documentation and development in accordance to guidelines set by project architect and Convergence best practices. Utilizes existing modules and services within Convergence wherever possible, and places strong emphasis on reusability of new modules that are introduced.
• Deployment – In collaboration with deployment engineer, coordinates and enables regular builds to Development/QA/Stage environments.
• Testing – Responsible for module level unit testing of assigned modules. Provides input to QA team in formulating test plans/test cases, and works with Project Manager in analyzing and correcting issues found during regular QA builds as well as User Acceptance Testing.
- Additional Comments or Requirements:We are looking for an energetic and experienced technology professional with a “can do” attitude to join the growing Covius Technology Services development team. Convergence is the business process management application framework from Covius that enables clients to increase operational efficiency and agility, while reducing IT expenses and time to market. The successful candidate will have proven technical and leadership skills working as part of a team, meeting personal and project goals and objectives.
We don't do easy here. Standards are high, and we take pride in exceeding expectations. It's how we've gotten to where we are, and it's how we grow. We are a mid-sized company with a big heart. If you're looking for an opportunity that's authentic, meaningful and emphasizes living a balanced life, Covius is the place for you.
Work is performed in climate controlled indoor administrative office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, depending upon office or meeting location.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate. The employee frequently is required to remain stationary. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Vision: Close and distance required with ability to see objects in presence of glare or bright lighting (e.g., computer screen).
Covius offers an extensive benefits package for all employees, including medical, dental, vision and 401k!
Covius is committed to equal opportunity in all employment practices to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, pregnancy, disability, genetics, marital status, military or veteran status or any other protected category as established by local, state and federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship including recruitment and hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, compensation, disciplinary action, layoff, leaves of absence, training and termination. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawful discrimination based on any prohibited basis.
The essential functions, working conditions and physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Back to top