- Toronto, Canada
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 87 million registered learners as of June 30, 2021. Coursera partners with over 200 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including Guided Projects, courses, Specializations, certificates, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in many high-demand fields, including data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
At Coursera, our Talent Acquisition team furthers our mission by hiring the best and the brightest in impactful roles across the organization. As a Technical Recruiter, your goal will be to find diamonds in the rough, and partner closely with hiring managers to build creative strategies that quickly target high-quality candidates. You'll play a key role in building out our second development office in Toronto.
This role is all about bringing on the most talented folks, maintaining our culture as we grow, and operating at a hustle to keep it all moving. To be successful, you should be great at juggling multiple reqs with a high volume of candidates, proactive and self-motivated, have a strong sense of urgency, and a passion for bringing education to the world!
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Partner closely with hiring managers across Coursera’s technical organization
- Build and maintain robust pipelines of strong technical talent, with an emphasis on candidate experience - everyone you meet and talk to should want to work at Coursera!
- True full-lifecycle recruiter; excellent sourcing, process, and closure skills
- Drive candidate pipeline and employer branding efforts, including meet-ups and networking events.
- Evaluate candidates on both technical and cultural qualities
- Own the talent pipeline and candidate experience from outreach to interview to closing
- 4+ years of equivalent experience in technical recruiting
- Experience in design and application software recruiting strongly preferred
- Top-notch organizational skills, great follow-through, and even-keeled when volume picks up
- A strong eye for talent and the ability to quickly screen resumes, pick up on verbal and visual cues, and translate it as meaningful feedback to hiring managers
- Possess a creative mind that can think of out-of-the-box solutions
- Passion for the thrill of the hunt and the search for hard-to-find candidates
- Metrics driven and strong results orientation
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Problem-Solving and Decision-Making
- Communication in the 21st Century Workplace
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.
Back to top