Teaching and Learning Specialist
Coursera was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 170 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 35 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,400 companies use the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera is backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, GSV Capital, International Finance Corporation, Laureate Education Inc., and Learn Capital.
The Teaching and Learning team at Coursera is a passionate group of educators and learning experts. Teaching & Learning Specialists work closely with professors and instructional design teams from top universities and industry partners around the globe, providing best practices, training, support, and guidance in creating transformational learning experiences. We aim to understand the factors that make online courses more successful for learners, optimize for a range of metrics - including enrollment, completion, learner satisfaction, and learning outcomes - and ultimately distill these into actionable insights to guide partners in their course design and production. We continuously drive and improve online pedagogy through research, feedback, and platform development.
As a T&L Specialist you are a pedagogy and instructional design expert working closely with our partners to transform traditional on-campus courses into engaging and effective online learning experiences. As their pedagogical consultant, you aid partner content creation teams in building their internal capacity as online educators and strategically designing and developing specific pieces of content as partners create learning experiences ranging in scope from individual courses to full accredited degree programs. Providing feedback and guidance before and after a course launches, you’ll ensure a high quality learning experience to achieve transformative outcomes for Coursera learners. Specifically as we grow our degrees business, you’ll be working with partners over multiple years to develop fully accredited online degrees. Outside of individual learning experiences, you will be on the cutting edge of online education research and practice, identifying and developing new online pedagogy, presenting at conferences, and sharing them with the extended Coursera community. Together, we will help create universal access to high-quality education, and make a profound difference to lives and societies around the world.
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Develop new online teaching best practices and design strategies and materials for partners to implement these through their content creation process
- Collaborate with instructors and content creation teams to map out and develop high quality degree learning experiences - identifying, reviewing, and providing actionable feedback on all course components; designing solutions for high stakes assessments and scaled synchronous activities; and helping to build capacity for internal partner teams in the process
- Review learner success metrics and assess course quality through learner ratings, reviews, and behavior, developing actionable recommendations to aid partners in iterating on content
- Lead online teaching workshops with instructors and content creation teams on how to deliver great learning experiences for Coursera learners.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in teaching, online education, instructional design, or learning science; experience designing and developing full degree curriculums a plus
- A record of past achievement developing engaging and effective learning content
- Ability to speak as an accomplished thought-leader in the online teaching space to instructors and university and industry leaders
- Creative problem-solving abilities, excellent written and verbal communication , and strong interpersonal and operational skills
- Strong bias for action and ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic, and cross-functional environment
- Ability to initiate, coordinate and manage numerous projects and schedules simultaneously
- Good analytical skills; the ability to synthesize information from various sources and conduct experimental research
- Content expertise in engineering, computer science, or analytics/data fields a plus
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Back to top