Strategic Business Development Manager, University Partnerships, India (Mumbai/Remote)
Coursera was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 190 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 40 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,800 companies use the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera is backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, GSV Capital, International Finance Corporation, Laureate Education Inc., and Learn Capital.
The Enterprise Solutions team serves global organizations, including leading companies, governments, and nonprofits, who seek to upskill or retrain their workforce with the world’s best education. This team is made up of three sub-teams: Sales, Customer Success, and Revenue Strategy & Operations. The teams operate globally and have members based out of our offices in Mountain View, New York, London, Gurgaon, and Abu Dhabi.
We are looking for a Strategic Business Development Manager - University Partnerships who can help us empower universities across India to offer the world’s best education to their students, faculty, administrators, alumni, and other constituents.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate, entrepreneurial sales manager who can prospect, develop, and close enterprise partnerships with universities. You should have extensive experience with sales to universities / higher education institutions. Your knowledge of edtech, enterprise learning / training combined with superior communication skills and analytical abilities will shape Coursera’s university business.
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Meet and exceed all quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Navigate through university organizations to leverage cross-sell & upsell opportunities
- Develop long-term relationships with clients and design account plans for new relationships
- Possess a full understanding of clients’ specific decision-making and purchasing process
- Effectively prospect, develop, and close B2U sales opportunities
- Create a strategic territory plan and drive revenue within that territory
- Generate leads from marketing events and trade shows
- Accurately forecast quarterly and monthly sales
- Develop and manage pipeline activity and monitor sales activity against quota
- Use in-depth knowledge of industry trends to consult and support prospective customers
- Provide quantitative / qualitative analysis to inform team on general trends, product, competitors, etc
- This is a remote position to be based out of the Mumbai area.
- 15+ years enterprise sales experience
- Extensive enterprise sales experience at a SaaS company (experience selling to higher education / universities is essential)
- Proven track record selling enterprise solutions into large / complex accounts and over-achieving quarterly and annual sales targets
- Experience consistently exceeding quota of $1 Million and more, with proven success in accurately forecasting targets, and achieving sales commits
- Be a “farmer” by establishing senior level, long term client relationship to generate cross-sell and upsell opportunities with strategic accounts
- Ability to hold your own in meetings with C-suite representatives from prospective partners and speak as a thought-leader and visionary in the learning space
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical and creative-problem solving abilities, excellent interpersonal skills, organizational, and operational skills
- Entrepreneurial drive and comfort working autonomously and as part of a team in ambiguous, quickly-changing environments
- Outstanding ability to collaborate, understand, and empathize with others
- Passion for education
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Back to top