Strategic Business Development Manager, University Partnerships - EMEA
- London, United Kingdom
Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 71 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. More than 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. Thousands of companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
The Enterprise Solutions team serves global organizations, including leading companies, governments, universities and nonprofits, who seek to upskill or retrain their workforce, staff and students with the world’s best education. The teams operate globally and have members based out of our offices in Mountain View, New York, London, Gurgaon, and Abu Dhabi.
As part of Coursera’s EMEA team, you will play a key role in increasing global access to a world-class education. You will manage a territory of educational organisations across multiple countries where you will position our Coursera for Campus (C4C) offer.
The C4C AE team is focussed on public and private universities across EMEA, positioning a strong value proposition that includes the following:
* Helping universities move from on-campus to blended and online learning models
* Grow overall student numbers, especially international students
* Improving employability outcomes for students and skills development for staff & faculty and increasing their global ranking
The role also requires working across the organization (with business development, product, university partnerships, and legal) in service of Coursera’s growth and long-term success. Coursera for Campus is the fastest-growing part of the Enterprise business.
You are a passionate, entrepreneurial sales executive and you will be responsible for driving success in your territory, identifying and developing opportunities and delivering on quarterly and annual revenue goals in the Coursera for Campus space. You will have experience selling directly to universities and have operated in fast-growing businesses. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, rapidly changing and adapting to new market opportunities.
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Meet and exceed all quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Drive pipeline growth across EMEA C4C accounts
- Partner with marketing and sales leadership teams on prospecting, campaigns, events and other initiatives.
- Ensure accurate reporting of leads, pipeline, activities and forecasts.
- Attend key prospect and client meetings to support sales opportunities in the EMEA C4C space
- Use in-depth knowledge of industry trends to consult and support the team with prospective customers
- Provide quantitative/qualitative analysis to inform the team on general trends, product, competitors
- Proven sales experience at a SaaS company
- 10+ years proven track record selling to the higher education industry and over-achieving quarterly and annual sales targets
- Able to build and analyse reports in Salesforce and provide accurate reporting metrics
- Strong cross-functional collaboration experience - able to work with different functions effectively and for overall benefit to the business
- Ability to hold your own in meetings with C-suite representatives from prospective partners
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical and creative problem-solving abilities, excellent interpersonal skills, organizational, and operational skills
- Entrepreneurial drive and comfort working as part of a team in ambiguous, quickly-changing environments
- Outstanding ability to collaborate, understand and empathize with others
- Passion for education
- Fluency in English and an additional European language
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please review our GDPR Recruitment Notice here.
Back to top