Staff Software Engineer, Backend Content Platform
- Toronto, Canada
Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 68 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. More than 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. 2,800 companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
The Content Platform team works on the fundamental building blocks for Coursera's course experience. This experience is 2-sided: learners want to learn by engaging actively with material and in many cases, earn a credential supported by rigorous and robust assessments, while content-creation partners want to author and grade content efficiently and effectively, with tools and data providing a feedback loop that allows them to create high-quality content. As a platform-focused team, we seek impact by building a customizable experience that can be used for a wide range of users.
- Design and implement scalable systems and infrastructures
- Measure your work thoroughly, analyze results, and generate hypotheses to drive new product changes through A/B testing
- Setup monitoring and testing of your APIs and services to better understand real time health of your products
- 6+ years of experience working in a relevant software engineering role
- Expertise in designing highly-scalable and performant micro-services and storage layers using common frameworks, languages, and infrastructure (e.g. Java, Play/Scala, MySql, Kafka)
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving team environment (we deploy many times a day!)
- Data-driven and strongly motivated by success and learnings through experiments and metrics analysis
If this opportunity interests you, you might like this course on Coursera:
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.
Back to top