Staff Software Developer, Back-End - Core Services
- Toronto, Canada
Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 53 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. Nearly 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. 2,300 companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Design and implement scalable systems and infrastructures
- Measure your work thoroughly, analyze results, and generate hypotheses to drive new product changes through A/B testing
- Setup monitoring and testing of your APIs and services to better understand real time health of your products
- Understand how our systems work and break; automate and improve these systems to be observable and fast recovering
- Become informed of business and engineering needs to drive key decisions on how our architecture and systems will evolve over time
- 6+ years of experience working in a relevant software engineering role
- Fluent in a modern JVM language (e.g. Scala, Java 8+, Kotlin)
- Experience with using standard Java tooling to profile and debug the JVM
- Knowledge of modern Cloud components (e.g. CNCF, AWS, Containers, IAC), and understanding how these components operate under the hood
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving team environment (we deploy many times a day!)
- Bachelors in computer science or relevant experience
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.
Back to top