Software Engineer Intern
Coursera is scaling a global platform to provide universal access to the world’s best education, and we’re motivated by the passion and mission to transform lives through learning. Our platform has reached over 30 million learners worldwide and we have partnered with 150+ elite universities around the globe with over 2,000 courses in our catalog. We offer Courses, Specializations, Certificates, and Degrees to meet the needs and goals of the diverse learners who come to Coursera.
Our engineering team uses a modern tech stack, building all of Coursera on top of AWS. Our website uses React and Webpack written all in ES6, we use Swift for iOS and Java for Android and our backend is built in Scala using MySQL and Cassandra as a datastore.
We are looking for rising juniors and seniors for our summer internship programs. The programs are highly competitive, so apply as soon as you know you are available.
- During the 12-week internship, you'll be embedded as a full-time member of a small Engineering team and paired with a mentor on your team. You will have the guidance, environment, and the responsibility of deploying your projects to production. You will work on real projects, features, and updates that will affect 30+ million learners worldwide!
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science or a related field, with demonstrated software engineering talent and a passion to help further our mission for education at scale.
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship.
- Must have at least 2 years of Computer Science classes under your belt.
- Must have a legal right to work in the U.S. for the duration of the internship
- Available to work in Mountain View, CA
You personally exhibit a conviction that the world needs Coursera to be wildly successful and alignment to our core values
- Betterment: a tireless pursuit to drive results
- Boldness: take risks and act decisively
- Deep Honesty: invite and offer candid feedback in order to learn, change, and grow
- Solidarity: recognize that we are part of something bigger than ourselves and are committed to our mission
- Competitive pay and a generous housing stipend
- Strong mentorship program to develop your technical and professional skills as you work on high impact projects that touch millions of learners around the globe
- Lunch, dinners, and unlimited snacks at the office
- Company-sponsored tech talks and intern social events
- An onsite gym and outdoor basketball and volleyball courts to help you stay fit
- And much more!
Back to top