Software Engineer, Infrastructure
- Botevgrad, Bulgaria
Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 68 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. More than 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. 2,800 companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
We are looking for someone with an interest in developing and maintaining highly scalable infrastructure on various cloud providers, like AWS and Google Cloud. The candidate should have at least 2 years of professional experience designing, building and maintaining infrastructure, as well as provisioning it. You should have good knowledge about security and scalability of infrastructure, too. We're looking for someone who would be interested and excited in changing the development environment and conducting a lot of experimentations. Good communication skills are a must - we are looking for a team player, not a rock-star.
- Knowledge in various cloud providers like AWS, Google Cloud, Digital Ocean (EC2, RDS, Route53, ElasticTranscoder)
- Knowledge with DevOps technologies like Ansible, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Knowledge in administration of Windows and Linux virtual machines
- Working knowledge of security for servers and infrastructure clusters
- Experience with IaaC (Infrastructure as a Code) tools like Terraform
- Experience with scripting languages like Bash or Python
- Strong communication skills in English
- Build, optimize and scale our React, Node.js platform and scalable infrastructure
- Design, build, and maintain tools and frameworks to deploy, test, preview, and ship code to production
- Help drive the front end architecture at Coursera
- Establish robust patterns in order to build accessible and performant products
- Build, maintain, and evangelize developer tools, frameworks, and techniques to enhance development experience and improve developer productivity
- Evangelize frontend technologies internally and externally to the company
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.
Back to top