Software Engineer, Front End Learning Platform
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements to actual launch and long-term ownership.
- Build delightful, usable, and accessible interfaces for a global user base.
- Rapidly innovate on product with fail fast mindset.
- Playing integral part in architectural designs of our next-generation of frameworks.
- Work closely with backend engineers to design APIs that are consistent with our front end needs.
- An appetite to dive in and understand all the nuances of front-end infrastructure too. Work with other developers to advance UI frameworks and best practices. We aspire to make front-end development easier, faster, and better for everyone at Coursera!
- Bachelor's in computer science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in a relevant software engineering role
- Strong ability to design and develop simple and elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Experience with implementing responsive web designs and writing unit and integration tests is a plus
- Fervent belief in engineering quality and building technical leverage for others
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving team environment (we deploy many times a day!)
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Meet Some of Coursera's Employees
Emily G.Head of Data Science
Emily leads a team at Coursera that builds statistical models and machine learning algorithms to connect learners to life-changing learning experiences. Her team also conducts experimentation and quantitative analysis that informs Coursera’s product and business direction.
Back to top