Software Engineer, Front End - Learner Experience
Coursera was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 170 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 35 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,400 companies use the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera is backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, GSV Capital, International Finance Corporation, Laureate Education Inc., and Learn Capital.
We innovate, productize, and iterate at start-up speed. When you join, you will be expected to take up significant technical ownership for Coursera. Your job will be to drive innovation in building our front-end products and technologies, define requirements for backend that enable fast and efficient user interaction and collaborate with designers and product managers to push the limits of the user experience. Your responsibility will also include mentoring, coaching and nurturing fellow engineers through code reviews and system design conversations.
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements to actual launch and long-term ownership.
- Build delightful, usable, and accessible interfaces for a global user base.
- Rapidly innovate on product with fail fast mindset.
- Playing integral part in architectural designs of our next-generation of frameworks.
- Work closely with backend engineers to design APIs that are consistent with our front end needs.
- An appetite to dive in and understand all the nuances of front-end infrastructure too. Work with other developers to advance UI frameworks and best practices. We aspire to make front-end development easier, faster, and better for everyone at Coursera!
- Bachelor's in computer science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in a relevant software engineering role
- Strong ability to design and develop simple and elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Experience with implementing responsive web designs and writing unit and integration tests is a plus
- Fervent belief in engineering quality and building technical leverage for others
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving team environment (we deploy many times a day!)
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Back to top