Software Engineer, Front End - Bulgaria
- Sofia, Bulgaria
Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 76 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. More than 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. Thousands of companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
We are looking for someone who's in Bulgaria interested in developing a React app. They should have at least 2 years of professional experience building a SPA. And, they should be keen to write simple, testable, robust, and maintainable code. They should be able to play a role in making architectural and design decisions. Good communication skills are a must -- we are looking for a team player, not a rock-star.
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Strong programming fundamentals.
- Proficient in CSS.
- Works with git or other VCS on a daily basis.
- Strong communication skills in English.
- A commitment to user focus, collaborative problem solving and building quality products is essential.
- Experience with TypeScript (plus)
- Experience with Redux architecture (plus)
- Build delightful, usable, and accessible interfaces
- Rapidly innovate on product with fail fast mindset
- Implement features using cutting edge front-end technologies to acquire learners, increase conversion and engagement with rapid data-driven iteration
- Measure your work thoroughly, analyze results, and generate hypotheses to drive new product changes through A/B testing
- An appetite to dive in and understand all the nuances of front-end infrastructure too.
- Work with other developers to advance UI frameworks.
- We aspire to make front-end development easier, faster, and better for everyone at Coursera!
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our GDPR Recruitment Notice here.
Back to top