Software Engineer, Back-End
- Sofia, Bulgaria
Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 53 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. Nearly 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. 2,300 companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
We are looking for someone interested in horizontally scalable systems and in working with Go. You should have at least 2 years of professional experience building web services (REST, Websockets, Pub/Sub, SQL) and you should be keen to write simple, testable, robust, and maintainable code. The ideal candidate will play a key role in making architectural and design decisions. Good communication skills are a must -- we are looking for a team player, not a rock-star.
- Strong programming fundamentals
- At least two years of professional experience building web services (REST, Websockets, Pub/Sub, SQL)
- Experience with statically typed languages. We use Go, but experience with C/C++ or any other statically typed languages will suffice
- Works with git or other VCS on a daily basis
- Strong communication skills in English
- A commitment to user focus, collaborative problem solving and building quality products is essential
- Considered a plus: experience with Go, basic understanding of Linux, exposure to AWS, experience with swagger/postman, experience with horizontally scalable code
- Design and implement scalable systems and infrastructures
- Measure your work thoroughly, analyze results, and generate hypotheses to drive new product changes through A/B testing
- Setup monitoring and testing of your APIs and services to better understand real time health of your products
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.
Back to top