Software Developer, Front End Employer Experience
Coursera was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 190 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 40 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,800 companies use the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera is backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, GSV Capital, International Finance Corporation, Laureate Education Inc., and Learn Capital.
Coursera is a Silicon Valley based company and we’re opening our second engineering office in Toronto March 2019. We’re hiring a Software Engineer to join our new Toronto team. This will be a unique opportunity to help bootstrap our new office and work on impactful projects for our fastest growing business line. Coursera is an equal opportunity employer. Coursera will provide, upon request, accommodation to the materials and processes used in the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation.
The Employer Experience team works on the enterprise product which is used by companies and governments around the world who need to train and up-skill their workforce. The team is responsible for building the entire infrastructure for our enterprise business. This includes, but is not limited to, contract management, tools for user management, dashboards to demonstrate the value of Coursera, reporting, and various API integrations that our clients need to integrate with us.
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements to actual launch and long-term ownership.
- Build delightful, usable, and accessible interfaces for a global user base.
- Work closely with backend engineers to design APIs that are consistent with our front end needs.
- Work with other developers to advance UI frameworks. We aspire to make front-end development easier, faster, and better for everyone at Coursera!
- Bachelors in computer science or relevant experience
- 4+ years of experience in a relevant software engineering role
- Experience with implementing responsive web designs and writing unit and integration tests is a plus
- Fervent belief in engineering quality and building technical leverage for others
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving team environment (we deploy many times a day!)
- Data-driven and strongly motivated by success and learnings through experiments and metrics analysis
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera
Back to top