Social Impact Program Manager
- Mountain View, CA
Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 53 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. Nearly 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. 2,300 companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
The Marketing & Communications team is responsible for connecting the world to lifelong transformative learning. They also work to shape public conversations on the future of education and work. The team is segmented into four areas of focus: Consumer Marketing, Enterprise Marketing, Brand & Creative, and Communications. The team is focused on expanding the reach of Coursera’s brand, attracting students to degree programs, bringing new customers to Coursera for Business, and creating a marketing system that nurtures learners throughout their professional lives.
At Coursera, we firmly believe in achieving tangible results for underserved populations. We’re looking for a seasoned, results-driven Social Impact Manager to set the vision, business strategies, and meaningful programs that ensure everyone, everywhere truly has access to high-quality education and opportunity. As the manager of our Social Impact team, you will be responsible for understanding the greatest issues facing underserved populations across our society today, defining how Coursera will genuinely move the needle on several of them, and strategically working across Coursera to make that impact a reality.
- Develop the strategic vision for social impact at Coursera, understanding educational challenges for underserved populations at a global level
- Devise and be accountable for impact metrics to measure and evaluate success across social impact initiatives
- Engage with NGOs, Government Agencies, and international thought leaders to create new, scalable partnerships across sectors
- Engage with stakeholders at a technical level to deliver platform trainings and onboarding, as well as troubleshooting customer issues as they arise
- Align cross-functional teams and streamline operations to solve program level challenges (privacy, security, engineering, legal)
- Develop tailored pitch kits, presentations, and marketing material for business development, program support, and reporting
- Manage and mentor a team of Coursera volunteers through the planning, execution, and refinement of our corporate programs
- 5+ years public and private sector experience in the government, non-profit, or social impact space
- Very strong external partnerships experience, including the ability to bring on new strategic partners, align on shared interest, negotiate terms and finalize agreements, and bring new programs to reality
- A record of past achievement on complex projects with ambiguity, including the ability to spearhead new strategic initiatives, tackle large, complex projects, and manage senior-level external stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and to juggle multiple work streams and strategic priorities simultaneously
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical and creative-problem solving abilities, excellent interpersonal, organizational, and operational skills
- Ability to listen well, provide sound reasoning grounded in data, strategy, and empathy, collaborate with high-level representatives from prospective partners, and speak as a thought-leader in this space
- Previous corporate social responsibility role preferred
If this opportunity interests you, you might like this course on Coursera:
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.
Back to top