Senior Software Engineer, Front-End Partner Experience
Coursera was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 170 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 35 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,400 companies use the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera is backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, GSV Capital, International Finance Corporation, Laureate Education Inc., and Learn Capital.
Partner Experience works with all of our amazing University and Industry Partners. How do our partners produce a great course experience for learners and determine whether or not they've been successful in creating value? The Partner Experience team works on projects, including but not limited to, item sharing and how to allow partners to make an update in one place but have it propagate elsewhere seamlessly, grading tools so we can give TAs full submission details and the ability to customize feedback and grades per-student, building an Enterprise Admin dashboard to demonstrate the value Coursera is delivering to employees and allow enterprise partners to manage their contract with Coursera.
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Build delightful, usable, and accessible interfaces
- Rapidly innovate on product with fail fast mindset
- Implement features using cutting edge front-end technologies to acquire learners, increase conversion and engagement with rapid data-driven iteration
- Measure your work thoroughly, analyze results, and generate hypotheses to drive new product changes through A/B testing
- An appetite to dive in and understand all the nuances of front-end infrastructure too. Work with other developers to advance UI frameworks. We aspire to make front-end development easier, faster, and better for everyone at Coursera!
- Bachelor's in computer science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in a relevant software engineering role
- Experience with implementing responsive web designs and writing unit and integration tests is a plus
- Fervent belief in engineering quality and building technical leverage for others
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving team environment (we deploy many times a day!)
- Data-driven and strongly motivated by success and learnings through experiments and metrics analysis
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Back to top