Senior Software Engineer, Front End Growth
- Flexible / Remote
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 87 million registered learners as of June 30, 2021. Coursera partners with over 200 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including Guided Projects, courses, Specializations, certificates, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in many high-demand fields, including data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Are you excited by the idea of proposing and leading front-end engineering projects that make a difference to millions of people's lives and careers? Do you have a growth mindset and enjoy continually learning as much as we do at Coursera? Yes - Then read on to discover more about this exciting senior engineer role on the Growth Team!
As a Senior Front-End engineer on the Growth Acquisition team at Coursera, you will analyze, ideate, prioritize, build and test experiments that aim to increase the number of learners worldwide that discover Coursera and transform their lives. You’ll collaborate with a diverse, cross-functional team that includes engineers, product experts, designers, marketers, and search engine optimizers with a mission to continuously optimize the user experience via product, user experience, SEO and performance improvements. We’re data-informed and embrace unsuccessful experiments as an opportunity to learn and grow.
As a senior team member, you’ll lead growth projects, mentor other engineers, as well as proactively suggest and guide larger technical initiatives that help us increase the value we deliver to our learners as an engineering community.
- Work collaboratively to discuss high-level business needs, ask clarifying questions and suggest solutions that often involve trade-offs, with cross-functional partners.
- Lead projects, implementing features and experiments using cutting edge front-end technologies to acquire learners, increase conversion and engagement.
- Guide and mentor other engineers, fostering a growth mindset.
- Use a scientific, data-informed approach: A/B test, track user engagement and make informed choices based on results.
- Bring the engineering perspective to growth brainstorming sessions, suggesting innovative product experiments.
- Dive in and understand all the nuances of front-end infrastructure, proposing and implementing improvements that provide leverage to engineers, and the business.
- Experience in building and operating large-scale web applications that scale.
- Experience in at least one modern UI framework (e.g. ReactJS, AngularJS, etc).
- Fervent belief in engineering excellence and building technical leverage to help other engineers and our stakeholders.
- Strong mentorship and technical leadership experience with a track record of scoping, estimating and delivering larger projects.
- Committed to success and learning using experimentation and metrics.
- Experience implementing responsive web designs and writing unit and integration tests is a plus.
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving team environment (we deploy many times a day!).
- 4+ years of experience in a relevant software engineering role.
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera
- Front-End Web Development with React
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.
Back to top