Senior Software Engineer, Front End Development Infrastructure
Coursera was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 190 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 40 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,800 companies use the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera is backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, GSV Capital, International Finance Corporation, Laureate Education Inc., and Learn Capital.
The Infrastructure team focuses on the core platform systems like Coursera’s persistent layer, microservices build and deployment frameworks, data warehouse, A/B testing service, deployment preview & canary rollout service etc. We build products and frameworks that make our developers efficient and productive. Our current frontend stack is built on React, Node.js, and Terraform (for infrastructure provisioning).
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Build, optimize and scale our React, Node.js platform and scalable infrastructure
- Design, build, and maintain tools and frameworks to deploy, test, preview, and ship code to production
- Help drive the front end architecture at Coursera
- Establish robust patterns in order to build accessible and performant products
- Build, maintain, and evangelize developer tools, frameworks, and techniques to enhance development experience and improve developer productivity
- Evangelize frontend technologies internally and externally to the company
- Bachelors in computer science or relevant experience
- 4+ years building UI and 2+ years out of those building single page applications (preferably in React)
- Experience writing and configuring build systems and other modern tooling
- Experience writing, speaking or teaching technology to others
- Bonus: Intimate knowledge of server side rendering
- Bonus: Performance profiling and debugging tools available in node.js
- Bonus: Operational experience (puppet, terraform etc)
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Back to top