Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 87 million registered learners as of June 30, 2021. Coursera partners with over 200 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including Guided Projects, courses, Specializations, certificates, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in many high-demand fields, including data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Data Services is a dynamic and diverse infrastructure team that solves challenging and interesting problems at scale. Our team is the center of excellence for defining the long-term storage architecture and paving the road for various storage options with database operational excellence, developer-friendly tooling, and wide-scale adoption of data storage best practices. Additionally, our team enables developers and the data engineering team to operate their databases at scale by providing tooling and guidance for online persistence abstractions, caching, indexing, offline data pipeline, and data privacy and compliance.
- Collaborate with internal engineering teams to understand their data needs and come up with solutions that can enhance development efficiency at scale
- Work with architects and engineers to recommend, develop and review technical designs
- Lead the design, development, testing, and deployment of data solutions
- Partner with internal compliance teams to identify, remediate, prevent issues, and mitigate risks
- Mentor and guide fellow engineers remote-first to help them improve their technical ability and become more effective software engineers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.6+ years of experience working in a relevant software engineering role
- Expertise in designing highly scalable and performant micro-services and storage layers using common frameworks, languages, and infrastructure
- Experience serving as technical lead throughout the full SDLC, from conception, architecture definition, detailed design, scoping, planning, implementation, testing to documentation, delivery, and maintenance
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen, inquisitive eye for detail along with a passion for high-quality standards.
- Experience working in an infrastructure team with a focus on persistence, caching, indexing, or offline data solutions
- Familiarity with AWS data offerings such as Aurora, DynamoDB, S3, Elasticache, Redshift, and Kinesis
- Good understanding of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and related privacy compliances such as GDPR.
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.