Senior Software Development Engineer in Tools/Test
Coursera was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 170 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 35 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,400 companies use the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera is backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, GSV Capital, International Finance Corporation, Laureate Education Inc., and Learn Capital.
Tools & Test Engineering at Coursera is all about delivering high quality software used by millions across the world. In this role you’ll design, develop, and build test automation frameworks and tools using open source software. This framework will be used by product development teams across Coursera to automate testing and validate key business functional flows. You will use your knowledge and experience to influence processes, design, engineering decisions, bug prevention and resolution, with constant feedback to build reliable, scalable, performant, and secure solutions. Be a key stakeholder in the success of the product by ensuring high quality. We’re in the process of forming a Test Engineering team at Coursera, and this is a great opportunity to join as one of the earliest contributors and shapers of the team.
We are migrating to Puppeteer test framework from Selenium and use NodeJS, AWS technologies, Lambda for building test framework. We're looking for a seasoned software engineer who is driven about quality, enjoys ownership and thrives in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Collaborate with Product & Engineering to gather product specifications and requirements to build test framework & tooling
- Build automated and wide ranging rapid testing framework
- Work closely with Engineering teams to automate key functional business flows, help in increasing velocity, and production health
- Create metrics to improve overall software quality in rapid iterative cycles
- Measure your work thoroughly, analyze results, and help build test strategies
- An appetite to dive in and understand all the nuances of front-end and back end applications from end to end. Learn new technologies and have a go-getter attitude
- Conduct training for usage of framework
- Bachelor's in computer science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in Test/Tooling engineering roles
- Industry experience developing test infrastructure, test frameworks to automate testing of RESTful services, libraries and RPC APIs
- Experience or familiarity building tooling infrastructure in microservices architecture, api driven, fault tolerant applications
- Experience testing large-scale web applications and single page applications
- Experience working with at least one end-to-end testing framework like Selenium, JUnit, Jasmine etc. creating/running automated tests
- Plus if familiar with at least one modern UI framework (e.g. AngularJS, ReactJS etc)
- Plus if worked with AWS Lambda
- Data-driven and strongly motivated by success and learnings through experiments and metrics analysis
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Back to top