Senior Product Manager, Growth
Coursera was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 170 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 35 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,400 companies use the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera is backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, GSV Capital, International Finance Corporation, Laureate Education Inc., and Learn Capital.
As our Senior Product Manager on the growth team, you will be responsible for driving user growth for Coursera. You’ll work with Courserians from Engineering, Design, Pedagogy to name a few as well as with Instructors and Researchers at partner universities. The opportunity is not only to build a world-class discovery experience on Coursera, but to create a thriving community of learners that can help each other achieve their career goals.
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Think Big – Translate underlying trends in higher education into product needs today and for the next 5 years.
- Ruthlessly Prioritize – There’s no shortage of great ideas. Identify the highest leverage projects and work cross functionally to set our product roadmap.
- Great Student and Instructor Intuition -- We expect our PMs to develop - through testing, dogfooding and observation - great learner and instructor intuition and for that to drive the products and experiences we build.
- Understand the Business – Develop a deep understanding of the value of Coursera to students, instructors and universities to inform the development and evaluation of potential business models.
- Ship Product – Manage the end-to-end process of conceptualizing products, acting as the glue between technical and non-technical teams.
- Develop a Shared Vision – Work across the organization to build understanding and enthusiasm for the products being built.
- 5+ years experience working on creating product experiences in areas of growth, user acquisition or monetization
- Domain experience in ecommerce, personalization or marketplaces
- Excellent consumer intuition
- Structured and analytical thinking
- Technical background a plus
- Solid design instincts
- Strong bias to action
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Back to top