Senior Product Designer II, Content Platform
Coursera was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 48 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 2,200 companies use the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera is backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, GSV Capital, International Finance Corporation, Laureate Education Inc., and Learn Capital.
As a Senior Product Designer at Coursera you will have the opportunity to take a lead role on the team creating experiences for the Coursera Content Platform, the backbone serving complex authoring and content management workflows for Educators and Industry Partners who create content for learners in the Consumer, Enterprise & Degrees businesses.
The experience of authoring and managing courses is inherently challenging with multiple players involved during the process. Your job is to create simplicity from complexity; map real-world scenarios to tasks and workflows, understand the complex backend framework that supports these interaction patterns and influence everything from micro interactions to the most complex system design challenges. As the Coursera product offering grows, our goals are monumental and we need extraordinary designers to realize them.
- Leverage your product, interaction, and visual design skills to create delightful experiences that empower our users
- Partner with product managers, engineers, data science, and research to create a product from the initial definition to shipping and beyond
- Iterate on design to arrive at optimal solutions considering timelines, feasibility, technical and business constraints
- Envision new experiences based on user insights and product goals
- Design for multiple projects at a time, managing time, goals, and cross-functional collaboration effectively
- Work with substantial autonomy across multiple teams and business lines
- Detect opportunities to collaborate with designers across teams and help evolve the culture of knowledge sharing within the team
- 10+ years of experience in shipping complex products
- Strong desire to have a large stake in a deeply collaborative team
- Able to design end-to-end experience for workflows starting with information architecture, user journeys, concept sketches to high fidelity designs
- Able to work with engineers to understand client-side and backend framework constraints and capabilities and come up with feasible solutions that don’t compromise the experience
- Ability to articulate your design approach and decisions with verbal and visual communication skills
- Strategic mindset and the ability to formulate strong points of view that advocate for the user, balancing business needs and data metrics with the user’s experience
- Practiced in design research methodologies and the ability to collaborate closely with the research team
- Able to produce quality design concepts quickly, open to feedback, and can translate feedback rapidly into design iterations
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.
Back to top