Senior iOS Engineer, Mobile Learning Experience
Coursera was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 170 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 35 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,400 companies use the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera is backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, GSV Capital, International Finance Corporation, Laureate Education Inc., and Learn Capital.
At Coursera, our Mobile Learning Experience team is reimagining what online education looks like for the mobile space and is devoted to helping learners succeed. To fulfill these goals, we constantly test ideas in order to understand what motivates our learners to complete courses. We build a variety of products and work on exciting projects such as developing discussion prompts and group assignments within courses and determining which video a learner should re-watch to master a subject.
As our iOS Mobile Engineer, you will lead architecture and design as well as be hands-on in building mobile learning experiences from the ground up. You’ll work on building well tested, highly usable interfaces that provide life-changing learning experiences to millions of learners. To be successful in this role, you should also have a keen empathy for our learners and a passion for bringing education to the world! Our codebase is 100% Swift.
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Create an innovative and delightful mobile classroom experience on iOS that scales across a wide range of devices.
- Define requirements, design and interact with backend service endpoints that enable fast and efficient user interaction on mobile.
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, and product managers to push the limits of the mobile experience
- Analyze trade-offs across options for app technology and architecture. Influence and lead roadmap towards the right choices for Coursera.
- Drive high-quality iOS app releases and help define metrics to keep regressions in check.
- Mentor and coach junior team members.
- Bachelor's in computer science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years working on applications on iPhone and iPad using Swift or Objective C.
- 5+ years of industry experience in software development.
- Expertise building with the iPhone SDK. Good understanding of the SDK framework and components.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment (we ship once every 2 weeks!)
- Proven ability to build beautiful mobile apps with a significant backend component for app store distribution
- Strong communication, presentation, and technical skills
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera
Back to top