Senior Data Scientist, Machine Learning
Coursera was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 190 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 40 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,800 companies use the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera is backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, GSV Capital, International Finance Corporation, Laureate Education Inc., and Learn Capital.
At Coursera, our Data Science team is helping to build the future of education through data-driven decision making and data-powered products. We drive product and business strategy through measurement, experimentation, and causal inference. We define, develop, and launch the models and algorithms that power content discovery, personalized learning, and machine-assisted teaching and grading. We believe the next generation of teaching and learning should be personalized, accessible, and efficient. With our scale, data, technology, and talent, Coursera and its Data Science team are positioned to make that vision a reality.
As Senior Data Scientist, Machine Learning you will define and build innovative data-powered products to personalize and scale high-quality experiences for 40 million global learners. The ideal candidate possesses a strong statistical and computational skill set, is collaborative and impact-driven, and shares our passion for education.
- Leading projects in working cross-functionally with product leads
- Ideate, prototype, and productionize the machine learning algorithms that power Coursera’s product
- Machine Learning discovery (e.g., personalized recommendations)
- Learner Algorithms (e.g., automated study guides, targeted nudges)
- Instructor-facing features to support learners at scale (e.g., machine-assisted grading and feedback)
- Minimum of 5+ years of industry experience required and some SWE experience is required
- Solid background in applied math, computer science, or related technical field
- Deep applied statistics and modeling skills
- Strong Machine Learning skills
- Proficient with at least one scripting language (e.g., Python)
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Domain expertise in NLP preferred
- Familiarity with EdTech/Mooc industry preferred
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Back to top