Senior Data Engineer, Enterprise
Coursera was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 190 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 40 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,800 companies use the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera is backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, GSV Capital, International Finance Corporation, Laureate Education Inc., and Learn Capital.
Data Engineering is unique at Coursera. Our team doesn’t simply build reports on demand. Rather, we build the semantic infrastructure and products that empower our internal and external customers with the data to innovate and perform their jobs better.
We’re looking for our first data engineer in Toronto who can help us drive data engineering efforts for our enterprise platform. In this role, you will work with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and deploy data solutions. Our ideal candidate is an independent, analytically-minded individual with strong data modeling and engineering skills, who shares our passion for education.
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Architect scalable data models and build efficient and reliable ETL pipelines to bring the data into our core data lake
- Design, build, and launch visualization and self-serve analytics products that empower our internal and external customers with flexible insights
- Be a technical leader for the team; guide technical and architectural designs for the major team initiatives; mentor junior members of the team
- Build data expertise, and partner with data scientists, product managers and engineers to define and standardize business rules and maintain high-fidelity data
- Define and partner with other engineers in the development of new tools to enable our customers to understand and access data more efficiently
- Work cross-functionally (eg: product managers, engineers, business teams) to support new product and feature launches
- 5+ years experience in a data-related field, including data engineering, data warehousing, business intelligence, data visualization, and/or data science
- Strong data engineering skills and at least one scripting language (e.g., Python)
- Proficient with relational databases and SQL
- Familiarity and experience with big data technologies (eg: Hive, Spark, Presto) preferred
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely
- Independence and passion for innovation and learning new technologies
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Back to top