Senior Data Engineer
- Toronto, Canada
Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 64 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. More than 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. 2,500 companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
Data Engineering is unique at Coursera. Our team doesn’t simply build reports on demand. Rather, we build the semantic infrastructure and products that empower our internal and external customers with the data to innovate and perform their jobs better.
We’re looking for a senior data engineer in Toronto who can help us drive data engineering efforts for our platform. In this role, you will work with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and deploy data solutions. Our ideal candidate is an independent, analytically-minded individual with strong data modeling and engineering skills, who shares our passion for education.
- Architect scalable data models and build efficient and reliable ETL pipelines to bring the data into our core data lake
- Design, build, and launch visualization and self-serve analytics products that empower our internal and external customers with flexible insights
- Be a technical leader for the team; guide technical and architectural designs for the major team initiatives; mentor junior members of the team
- Build data expertise, and partner with data scientists, product managers and engineers to define and standardize business rules and maintain high-fidelity data
- Define and partner with other engineers in the development of new tools to enable our customers to understand and access data more efficiently
- Work cross-functionally (eg: product managers, engineers, business teams) to support new product and feature launches
- 5+ years experience in a data-related field, including data engineering, data warehousing, business intelligence, data visualization, and/or data science
- Strong data engineering skills and at least one scripting language (e.g., Python)
- Proficient with relational databases and SQL
- Familiarity and experience with big data technologies (eg: Hive, Spark, Presto) preferred
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely
- Independence and passion for innovation and learning new technologies
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera -
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.
Back to top