PR Specialist (Contract)
Coursera was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 170 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 35 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,400 companies use the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera is backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, GSV Capital, International Finance Corporation, Laureate Education Inc., and Learn Capital.
The Marketing team is responsible for ensuring communication across all channels is clear, consistent and uplifting. This team is broken down into four of branches, PR, Enterprise, Brand, and Acquisition & Retention. The team is currently focusing on making Coursera a global household name, filling our degree cohorts, and bringing new customers to Coursera for Business.
This is a 6 month contract role based in our Mountain View, CA office.
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Build the foundation for an expert network leveraging world-renowned professors and instructors who teach on Coursera to connect with media around the world
- Work with a team of designers and developers to build a website that showcases this expert network of instructors on Coursera
- Create a project plan and pitch materials to onboard instructors onto this network
- Package video content from instructors into short form podcasts and webcasts for both owned and earned media use
- Identify and pitch earned, owned, and social media channels where we can frequently showcase our star instructors
- Optimize a process to seamlessly engage university PR teams and instructors for PR opportunities
- At least 3 years of experience in PR and background in areas including but not limited to journalism, publishing PR, or partner marketing
- Exceptional track record of executing time-bound marketing/PR-oriented projects
- Solution-oriented in the face of complexity and stakeholder friction
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams across very different types of organizations
- Ability to build understanding of the value of PR/marketing with academic audiences
- Familiar with video and audio production technologies, though not required to do actual editing
- Strong agency management skills
- Passion for tech/education
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Back to top